Nuendo 11 is in the making!

those 3 at least are not in cubase 11 - I don’t see why the would be in N11

Can you jsut tell us if Steinberg acknowledge the VCA problems in both Cubase and Nuendo and if they are being worked on?

Thanks

Please fix AAF Err: FFFFFC2B
it is related to davinci resolve aaf when there are MUTED/DISABLED clips on timeline.

1 Like

Well it sounds like HiDPI in Windows is still a busted mess in Cubase 11 so I’m not holding out a lot of hope… :frowning:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GROOVY ACKNOWLEDGE VCA WEIRDNESS

Hi Timo.

Any chance reimplementing this color scheme on N11 for us that like working with colored wave forms on dark backgrounds? Seems to me that taking the “event opacity” to negative values would do the trick, ex: the slider would go from -10———O———+10

Please, Please, and one more please, fix this issues in the new Nuendo 11. I am fighting with this since Cubase 9,5 till today even with Nuendo 10.3. I bought and downgraded to Cubase 11 in hope, these issues will finally disappear with this promised 150DPI support. Nope. So one more please, solve it. Thanks a million.
PLEASE, SEE THE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/VWzKWgL0hJ8

I really hope this isn’t going to be just an announcement saying Nuendo 11 will be coming 1st quarter next year!! :laughing:
That stem export feature would save me years of my time. I almost picked up Cubase 11 this week, just for that feature. I have 4 hours of stem exports to do over the next few days. :cry:

I also hope that weird multi-clip RX bug gets fixed and Eucon support is expanded. Pretty please Steinberg!

:smiley: Thanks, Timo!
I’m excited to hear this, especially after learning/seeing all the great, new features in Cubase 11.
I’m really looking forward to the new release, whenever it happens.

Here is the week where we find more info on Nuendo 11 :slight_smile:.

What Joris said. 100%

As another game dev, I’m consistently blown away by what the teams at Steinberg pull off each year while trying to sell enough copies to keep their team fed and housed. I’m super grateful to them. Nuendo made cinematics, creature design and music production manageable under insane time crunches for the last 3 Gears of War games. Thank you!

And if any of you are still uncertain, go take a listen to Joris’s work over the past decade with older versions of Nuendo/Cubase. Absolute masterpieces. Every single cue. Trevor Morris, Tom Holkenberg, Hans Zimmer and countless other heavyweights also create absolutely spectacular music under tremendous time pressure pretty much daily with Cubendo. Fun fact: Alan Silvestri scored the highest grossing films of all time (Avengers 1, 3 & 4) in Cubase.

I challenge you all to dig deeper into macros, channel agents, logical editors and myriad other power features and realize that many of the features you ask for already exist if you take a minute to dig. Step outside your comfort zone and watch how your workflow dramatically improves.

Steinberg sure isn’t perfect but they clearly care and have consistently been at the forefront of pushing feature sets and workflow improvements. The new stems export job queuing is such a game changer that it makes using any other DAW for serious film or game work pretty much a joke. The new spectralayers demix vocals addition is astonishing.

Do improvements need to be made? Absolutely. Name one DAW that doesn’t have countless bugs and deficits. But believe me, as a dev, the complaints and insults are pretty demoralizing when you’ve poured your heart and soul into something. The difference is that Steinberg actually listens (try that with Avid or Apple) and for every new feature you think is unnecessary, many of us have asked for it and demonstrated why it’s a workflow booster.

I have a list of feature requests and bugs longer than this thread and hope that someday they will all be addressed. In the meantime, I’m going to keep creating with the incredible feature set and workflow we have and be grateful that we have the greatest tools for making music that humanity has ever known.

Thanks again Steinberg! (Now hurry up with N11!) :smiley:

Though I too have some longstanding FR requests, there are a few things to consider here…
-I imagine running a business like SB’s means a delicate balance between keeping current users happy whilst also enticing new ones with features that are better or at least on a par with other DAW’s
-You bring out a number of updates with bug fixes, users complain there are no new features, and DAW this and that has had a significant upgrade with said new features.
-You bring out an update with new features, users complain that long standing fixes and feature requests haven’t been added, and DAW this and that did just do a bunch of fixes, why haven’t you? etc…> :slight_smile:
-working in tech / games industry myself, I don’t think it can be understated how impressive it is that companies like SB are still able to roll out a significant update during a world wide pandemic.

Appreciate that there might be some longstanding feature requests/bugs that might keep some people from doing the things they need to do as well…

Totally agree with the positive statement above. Glass half full versus glass half empty has always and will always be with us. Just boils down to how you want to see the world.

:joy::joy::joy:

Nuendo 11 is coming hopefully in December 2020. Naturally, I am not hoping it before 31st December. That means one month plus or minus from now. Let’s see.

wonder if they are removing the need for the Atmos production suite ? - on windows so has been unavailable for me

Hey dr,

indeed we have. Join us for the preview event next week to check out the new “in-the-box” workflow.

All the best,

Great news! Really curious about this release. Question for the Steinberg team / Timo:
Will it run on a Mac Pro 5.1 with OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)? I am yet unable to update to Mojave (or High Sierra) due to hardware limitations. Wil it still run on older OS?

Hi Timo,

nice to hear and all the new features sound promising!
BUT: please finally fix the Eucon bugs which exist since years, so Steinberg software works a 100% with Eucon controllers as promised and used as a selling point! There is no way to use Eucon controllers in Nuedno or Cubase in a professional way for post production. So please finally fix these issues after years!

Thanks in advance

In my private opinion, Nuendo should be renamed to Cubase “Enterprise Edition”.
Many people have heard of Cubase, even if they have nothing to do with music. But only a few know the term Nuendo.
When we digitize sound carriers for archives, I notice that all the time. Pro Tools, Cubase … knows everyone - but Nuendo never heard.

Nuendo probably has a better ‘image’ though in audio post. I think a name-change would be a mistake.