Nuendo 11 Newbie from Canada

Good day @cwiggins69 , lets get started!

1 - Are you running a PC or Mac? If a PC, head over to this post of mine, and do everything in it that is relevant to your setup: Can Anybody Replicate This Problem? - #8 by ClendeningSound
2 - Make sure you are on the latest version of Nuendo (11.0.41)
3 - Will you be doing any live recording/tracking with other musicians or using VST Connect for remote work?
4 - What types of projects are you planning, and will they include Dolby Atmos? If Atmos, head over to this post and consider the workflow I laid out:
Surround reverb in Dolby Atmos - #8 by ClendeningSound
5 - Nuendo is mostly identical to Cubase 11 Pro, look around YouTube for videos on the basics for setting up a Focusrite A/D with Cubase for stereo out.
6 - Again, if PC - Mentioned somewhere in one of the two links above, is how I handle ASIO, its the audio driver that sits between Focusrite and PC/Nuendo. The short of it is, install/use the one from Focusrite. Do not install ASIO4ALL, it is recommended in many forum post and videos. I welcome any positive or negative comments from the greater forum, I’ll be happy to further educate them on why it should not be used.
7 - If PC - Make sure you are not using the same audio playback source on your PC as the ASIO/Focusrite source.
8 - If Mac, I will reply back with a specific list of of Mac tweaks and such
9 - No need to for a carrot, I have some 8-track reels propping up an old rig from the 80s somewhere in my basement!