Nuendo 12.0.70 Unnecessarily High CPU Load from Side-Chain Compression

Hello! I’m working on a DVD mix project with around 300 tracks. I regularly work with large project sizes upwards of 2,000 tracks with a wide variety of plugins. While attempting to activate side chaining on the stock compressor, I noticed that the CPU usage meter increased by roughly 25%. This is on a system that has in the past comfortably ran much more complicated and heavy projects including many side chained plugins including said compressor. This is problematic since it’s consuming necessary CPU resources needed for other operations, especially since my CPU is very powerful and should shrug this off with no problems. My question is, has anyone here experienced a similar issue with the stock compressor, and, if so, what steps did they take to cut the load down? I see no reason that this should cause such a load, especially on a system which has done much more in the past (see system info below). My only guess is a particularly volatile combination of plugins which may be disagreeing with each other. Thanks in advance for the perspective.

MODEL: Dell Precision 7920 Rack
PROCESSOR: x2 Intel Xeon(R) Gold 6248R CPU @ 3.00GHz, 2993 Mhz, 24 Core(s), 48 Logical Processors
RAM: 64GB