Nuendo 12 first preview - video available!

In this video, we’re going to unveil some of the most anticipated features of the upcoming
major release, NUENDO 12.

Here’s a direct link:

9 Likes

Looks like there are server issues, so consequently postponed till next Wednesday same time. Oh well, these things happen

““Nuendo
​!!! Due to massive technical issues we have to postpone this event to: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13 @ 5.30 PM CEST - SAME TIME - we apologize for the inconvenience !!! We’re in contact with YT on that!””

1 Like

As this failed I am sure you will tell all the info and stuff now here. We deserve it…

1 Like

You don’t.

4 Likes

hello? :eyes: 1 week? :zzz:

1 Like

5:30?? Is it a timing issue…is that why the servers never responded. We have 4:30 here…mix up or time difference?

““Nuendo
​!!! Due to massive technical issues we have to postpone this event to: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13 @ 5.30 PM CEST - SAME TIME - we apologize for the inconvenience !!! We’re in contact with YT on that!””

1 Like

Fantastic…back online

1 Like

yay!!!

1 Like

Nice features. However, I do not see how Nuendo is the “home of dialogue” when the DOP volume is unpredictable when you process a clips. Working with dialogue editing for documentaries is completely shitty and dangerous at the dubbing stage. Still i do it every day. Hopefully you will understand that tinnitus is a serious issue. The DOP volume should be exactly the same as the clip volume by default. Nuendo Feature Requests -Part 1, Direct offline processing - #3 by Ambolt

2 Likes

Excellent stuff! Looking forward to the new version!

1 Like

When’s the actual release? Odd to have the reveal, but AFAIK you can’t buy the upgrade yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the preview. A quick question about Dolby’s Binaural Renderer: Can it also be used to print the binaural mix?

1 Like

At the end of the video, preview Timo said the release will be on Wed 27th April 2022 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Correct :slight_smile:

APRIL 27, 2022 it will be!

5 Likes

Looking good! And looking forward to the release later this month! Glad to see improved dialog workflows, all very much appreciated. No mention of comprehensive native ripple editing though… but I digress. Maybe for 12.5? Anyway, very good stuff, and also I enjoyed Sebastian’s presentation style. Bravo to Sebastian, give him an extra drink at the release party.

3 Likes

In the video, Timo stated the release to be on April 27, 2022.

Sebastian mentioned some new editing key commands. I still have hope.

My overall impression from the presentation was, that Steinberg is indeed listening to us here. Of course not all the wishes can be granted but they seemed to have managed to find solutions for some of the most discussed topics.
Chapeau!

Thank you! Ripple-editing is on our list for…I don’t even remember for how long. The challenge with Ripple Editing is that it’s going to be a real major effort in terms of rewriting the editing system. The estimation is that this feature alone will take months of work to be completed. So far, we had to decide for something else because we simply could get way more alternative features requests done.

So, it’s not that we don’t want to do it, but it’s about balancing this single feature request against 5 other requests or so. At some point I guess we will do it, but at the moment there’s so much going on in the market (e.g. the huge changes in immersive sound mixing etc.).

Just to be honest here. Rest assured we’ll still keep an eye on Ripple Editing!

And I think even without Ripple Editing, Nuendo 12 is a great launch.
My favorite feature is the AI-based dialog cleaning system, next to “Headphones Match”. :slight_smile:

All the best,
Timo

5 Likes

Hi,

jumped out of the (failed) YT session yesterday. This morning I spotted, that there was one, or it was only a kind of “post recording”.

Will there be the postponed YT session next week, as mentioned by Timo? Or has it become obsolete?

LG, Juergi

No, we’re not going to stream another session now that the stream is available as a video.

1 Like