Nuendo 5.5.2 64 bit does not see the plug-ns and VST instrum

Nuendo 5.5.2 64 bit does not see most of my old plug-ns and VST instruments! when I do “update” plug-ins at once see: bridge is lost!!! I can not work! Who knows what to do? Thank you for you

Have you set a path to the 32-bit plugin folder in the plugin information window?

but the way set!! Nuendo sees plug-ns! but not all! a small portion! does not work! will be a new update to fix ::))!

Not all 32-bit plugins can be “bridged” to 64-bit. In fact the “bridge” is a trick to make 32-plugins work in a 64-bit application. The only correct way is to install the 64-bit versions of your plugins alongside the 32-bit versions. If your plugin manufacturer doesn’t have a 64-bit version available, then you can only pray that the “bridging” works.

Fredo

Why no one writes SPECIAL paid programs WHAT WOULD plug-ins works correctly in 64 bit??? Bridge can not handle ::)) thanks for the replies!

Well, it’s up to the plugin manufacturers to create their own 64-bit versions.
No-one can do it for them …

That’s why you should address yourself to them in teh first place.
If enough customers ask for it, they might be willing to speed the process up.

Fredo

Have you tried J Bridge?

DG

Which is exactly why I am still 32-bit here.

sorry did not understand what is it?? J Dridge ??A special program?

Yes it is good! But I have a Mac OX! and this is only for Windows: (

for now…

What about Steinbergs Magneto…?

I was considering upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit (from to WinXP 32-bit) and I saw this post which made me wonder- Will all of my Nuendo 2 plug-ins work when I upgrade to 64-bit? I am particularly concerned with Magneto and the old 5-band Multi-band compressor (the one that allows you to draw the knee and use it as an expander too!)

To get them to work in 5.5.2 32-bit, all I had to do was copy the .dll into the plug-in folder, but seeing this post made me worry that it won’t be so simple if I upgrade to the 64-bit architecture…

I would prefer not to have to purchase a third-party bridge, or bog down the system with one. But if this is the only way to do it, I may just bite the bullet. Or, I may just stick with XP on the the new computer I’m building…

I would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom.
Thanks!

jrod

Razumovski,
I would just revert back to the 32-bit version of Nuendo. You CAN run a 32-bit program in a 64-bit OS. This is a misconception that wasn’t clear to myself for a while, which is why I was so hesitant to upgrade my OS. I hope this helps anyone who may have had the same confusion.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to run Nuendo in 64-bit now?