Nuendo 5.5 activation code issue resolved

Your code is now available in your MySteinberg account.

Last monday I registed Nuendo 5, and I installed nuendo 5.5 I’m stil waiting for the activitaion code
What can I do?

I’m also not seeing the activation code for 5.5, and I registered 5 yesterday. I assume the process is still manual?

Likewise,
Hi,
I am currently updating our five Studio PC’s N5 to N5.5 along with NEK5.5, however the NEK5.5 re-code does not appear to be forthcoming (10th October), could you inform me how long it normally takes please as we will soon have 17 classroom PC’s to update and time is at a premium with it being the start of our academic year (University of York, UK)
Regards,
J Grant

I have informed the eLicenser guys. (Eckhard is currently on vacation)
However, there seems to be a server maintenance procedure tomorrow, so it can take a couple of days.
Sorry 'bout that.

Please ring again if the problem isn’t solved within a few days.

Fredo

Hate to be a bother, but it’s day three since I registered N5 and still no activation for 5.5.

Got one today from Monday, but now waiting for another one from Tuesday. Hope things improve tomorrow when i have to register 17 x W7, 17 x N5.5 and 17 x NEK5.5!!!

I purchased N5 specifically for certain features in 5.5 which will be valuable in the context of my current project. If I had known it would take at least a full business week to get the latest update, I would have purchased a different set of tools and gotten to work. I love Nuendo, but this has cost me. The only thing more unbelievable than the length of this process is the fact that in 2011 it’s not automated.

Agreed! It’s appalling

Please note i am still awaiting activation for NEK 5.5 from Tuesday 11th October and have just entered a further 2 codes for NEK5 (Saturday 15th October) which i would like to upgrade to NEK5.5 as soon as possible.

Hello MarkDP and blackmatrox007,

Please have a look in your MySteinberg account. The licenses can be found in in there.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for that, albeit nearly a week late.
I have a colleague who wishes to update Nuendo 5 to 5.5 inline with our studios. Can i get him to email someone all 17 codes or will he have to have to wait until they are entered into his ‘My Steinberg’ account?
Regards,
John

Yes, they need to be entered into MySteinberg first.

Fredo

Thanks. i will pass that on.
Regards,
John

At the moment, all USB-eLicensers containing a Nuendo 5 license that have been registered before we released Nuendo 5.5 will have to wait for the code distribution which usually should happen every other day at least. If it is urgent, please send me a private message!
All USB-eLicenser that are registered for the first time now and contain a valid Nuendo 5 license will automatically receive a new code.

I know that this sounds rather complicated (and it is indeed) but that is how it is. We hope to have everything covered during next week.

Hi,
Just thought i would mention that we registered 17 USB licences on Classroom PC’s within an hour and a half this morning fairly seamlessly, albeit coinciding with a newly released E-Licenser update which our PC’s insisted upon being installed! Unfortunately the Edit/copy elicenser number does not work on the new elicencer, which would have speeded things up and been more accurate in registration. Which begs the question, does it matter which licence number (USB/Soft) you use?
Also as you stated the N5.5 license code was there immediately, which was much appreciated for 17 copies.
Regards,
John

Yes, Nuendo 5.5 needs a newer eLicenser Control Center to recognize the new license.
We know that there is still much room for improvement when it comes to license handling and we have this on our list. Thanks for your feedback!

I’ve just registered my N5 update and am waiting for the 5.5 code - will check to see if it’s there in the morning, but is there any news on the automatic server issue?

I upgraded to Nuendo 5 two days ago and still do not have the N 5.5 upgrade activation codes in my account.

Do I have to email someone to get them?

Thanks,
Lempereur1

I am also waiting for over three days now for the activation licence for 5.5 and 5.5 NEK.
Support Mails haven’t been answered yet either :frowning:
Since I already installed 5.5, I have to wait for the licence to keep going on with my work.
Could please hurry up a little bit at Steinberg.
Best regards

Stefan