Nuendo 5.5 and UAD Powered Plug-Ins Error

Error message:
Sorry, one or more UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been disabled.

The plug-in was unable to load.
DSP load limit exceeded.

Since the update to 5.5…I have noticed almost every project I now open has this error. I then must take one or more plug-ins out, and proceed from there.

1. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Is there an easier way of finding which of the plug-ins has put the project over the limit besides going thru each one to see which is ‘disabled’? (if indeed the plug-in actually does say it’s ‘disabled’)

Rick

Mh, well - I opened a couple of mixes today, usually with UAD2 Quad at 80% and 3x UAD1 dito - no problems so far regarding UAD…

mine is working fine as well, no problem with UAD so far

Well, I’ll keep on digging…but…

1. Is there an easier way of finding which of the plug-ins has put the project over the limit besides going thru each one to see which is ‘disabled’? (if indeed the plug-in actually does say it’s ‘disabled’)

Rick

Hi Rick.
NO idea on the second question above (I do not think there is any obvious clue as to what has been disabled) - but do you have the DSP limit set to 95%, or is it set to full?
I used to get issues with this until I changed this setting in the UAD control applet.

I, lately, get this, too. And I am on win 7 64, Nuendo 5.1x …
Especially when exporting, even with the smallest 1 track voice project with ample lateny allowance .
UAD used to be rock-soid, at all times, here.
:frowning:

This might be a long shot …a guess…
But all this started after a substancial update of W7. The Studio PC is usually not connected to the net.
So, it made a number of W7 updates when I plugged it in to get some SW activations done.

What a great argument for having automatic updates turned firmly OFF!
Given that 99% of updates are to do with online so-called “security”, I have them off - firmly & permanently.
There is simply no way on gods earth I want any software doing anything automatically as far as “updates” go.