Nuendo 5.5 unveiled - free update from Nuendo 5 / NEK 5

Dear forum members,

sorry for the many email, some of you received :open_mouth: !

With the Nuendo 5.5 release we’ve renewned our server structure and these are
some initial errors.

You might have seen that we have integrated a new chart in MySteinberg, where
you can easily find new activation codes (e.g. for updates) and further information in
future. It has taken some time to set this up and our webteam is working hard to resolve
the intial problems. I expect that everything will run as it is supposed to be in a few hours.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks,
Timo

So, will it be safe to de-install 5.1 after testing 5.5, or are there any shared components?

BTW, a minor complaint, for me the icons in the horizontal and vertical side-bars are far too small and greyish on grey background. For example the miniature icon for “divide tracklist”. Couldn´t that be some different color than grey? I´m on a 2560x1280 30" screen and at a little distance the buttons in the sidebars are nearly invisible.

You’re welcome!

I took a look at the new features on the website (update not installed yet) and it is impressive for a free update.
I just wanted to thank Steinberg for this. We always take the time to complain about something. It is nice to take the time to say thank you.
Very well done.

Thanks for the update, but i think there’s something strange with the license upgrading.
In “MySteinberg” account, i see there are 2 new licenses for the same 5.5 update. Odd.
After installation of 5.5, i copy/paste any of the activation code in the Elicenser Control Center, and it told me both will result in an Educational release. But i own a Complete release, not Educationnal !

Please fix this ASAP Steinberg, this is a major flaw.

+1

Hi olamo,

I have PMed you your new activation code for the NEK 5.5 update.
This one should be fine, otherwise please let me know.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi,

two licenses for Nuendo 5.5 and two for NEK 5.5 in MySteinberg too. All licenses are Educational acording to eLicenser Control Center. I don’t own educational version at all. So what should I do - wait with the activation until proper activation codes?

bgor

Sat in front of my email programme to a wad of emails coming in from Steinberg - 600 (yes 600) and counting…

Which one should I open ?! :laughing:

Thanks for the release tho guys, have a good week.

Mike

I do think it’s a great update but one change of the GUI is not to my liking: the non-optional gradients combined with the light grey fonts of objects. It is more uncomfortable to read this for me now on my 30" screen. Nuendo is not the only thing I have to look at in my studio - eyes are wandering around and the former plain color scheme was quicker deciphered from a distance. Please make gradients an option, as it is standard in many applications.

Hi Mike,

the good news is: you could use any of them :slight_smile:

…but seriously, we’re working under full speed to solve this problem…!

Cheers,
Timo

Hi bgor,

the activation codes you have received will work for your regular Nuendo 5 + NEK 5 licenses.
Your regular license will remain a regular one.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Thanks!

All good now :slight_smile:

Ola

Steinberg REALLY values me as a customer! I got 1,064 emails - all at 2:34 am - to upgrade to Nuendo 5.5 and NEK 5.5. :slight_smile:

Actually the Elicenser app is a bit misleading (stating educationnal), but yes, it works also for me, the license remains regular. Thanks.
What about the other license received on the MyAccount ? Error ?

Do we need to keep all these licences in case some are actually for our systems?
I have some testing time this week so would like to get 5.5 asap.

:open_mouth:
well, someone REALLY wanted to make sure you don´t forget to upgrade!

I think you’re the record holder… :astonished:

We’re about to complete a first analysis why this Server problem
happended last night…
I’ll let you know about the status as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,
Timo

Where can I find the 5.5 activation code?

I just installed and registered Nuendo 5.0 Update from V4 (the box was waining since a couple of weeks) - as I read on the N5.5 page I will find the code in My Steinberg. But I can not find yet - maybe it tooks some time for processing?

Brandy