nuendo 5 & Lion.... hmmm

Hello,
Been using Nuendo for years on a PC & just lost 3 shows due to blue screen of death.
Decided to buy a Macbook pro because EVERYONE says they are reliable.
Long story short, have ordered it with Lion installed & a W7 dual boot partition… (coz I’m chicken I guess)
After reading some of the comments here I’m starting to wonder if this was such a good idea after all…

Seems it has to be N5.5… that’s ok… coz 5.5 didn’t work on the PC…

What do I need to do please ?
I’ve never owned a Mac before.

What do I need to be aware of ??

taa
jim

I own both PC and Mac. I don’t find Mac more stable at all. They are exactly the same.
About your MacbookPro, the problem for me is the FW800. I’ve had problems using soundcards with FW400. I suggest a RME F800 or a USB soundcard.
Hope this helps.

Hello,

Been using Nuendo for years on a PC & just lost 3 shows due to blue screen of death.
Decided to buy a Macbook pro because EVERYONE says they are reliable.

This can happen also with a Mac. Windows OS on Mac is not tested by us, so we cannot support you officially with this setup.
Some more information regarding 64-bit can be found here Using the Cubase 64-bit version on Mac OS X 10.6 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Cheers,

Chris

The system crashed using an RME F800 thru the 400 port on a Toshiba laptop running XP pro.
It has been running successfully this way for nearly 18 months.
I’m hoping by using it on the mac at 800 it will be more stable…

You’re all scaring me now :unamused:

The F800 is one of the best around. I haven’t tried N5.5 live yet but with N5.1 I have never had any problems on both Mac and PC. N5.5 seems to be more problematic with certain plugins. I had to get rid of some old stuff, including Waves ver.6.
Maybe a problem with a plugin you recently installed?

I don’t use plug ins as I am running it straight into a console & mixing “live” to video tape.

I suspect the toshiba may have an issue with the graphics card spitting out extended desktop to another VGA monitor.
It worked better once I restored to an earlier point & stopped using extended desktop.

Weird how it’s worked fine for the last 6 months & then has a dummy spit…

I just want the thing to be reliable… hence the move to the mac which everyone says, will be more reliable.