Nuendo 5 upgrade doesn't allow me to use Nu 4

I’ve recently upgraded from Nu 2 to Nu 5. Why doesn’t my lic allow me to use Nuendo 3 or 4?
I’m having the (gui slowdown, blinking cursor) issues when editing drums on 12 tracks. Nuendo 4 might be a better fit since I run XP in 32bit.

I know the 64bit version doesn’t suffer these issues because you can throw more ram at it but I use UAD plugs almost exclusively so that isn’t an option yet.

So why doesn’t my lic cover earlier versions?
Just wondering…I mean I bought Nuendo at version 1.

Thanks I guess…

Your license does cover all previous versions.
You can have Nuendo 1 'till 5 simultanious on your computer and all use them.

Fredo

Thanks for the reply Fredo…

Your license does cover all previous versions.
You can have Nuendo 1 'till 5 simultanious on your computer and all use them.

Fredo, can you confirm this?
I sent in a support ticket asking this question and this is what I got back…

Randy,

This upgrade does not give you access to all previous versions. if you have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you
Jeff Deno
Steinberg Support

So what is the deal here?
Thanks,

randy

Unless something has changed I, I am not informed about, I stand by what I said.
I am personally running N4 regulary on my 5.5 license, and I know of many users who are running older versions from time to time.

What I think Jeff said is that buying N5 doesn’t “give” you N4. But if you already own N4, you can use it on your N5 license.

Fredo

I concur with Fredo (and Jeff). If you do not already own v3 or v4 - it’s not like they will suddenly appear with your upgrade.

But I guess the answer is your first sentence - if you upgraded from v2 - directly to 5 - seems that a V3 or v4 was not in your possession prior or logically you would have upgraded from something a lot newer than v2.

VP

AFAIK the Steinberg ftp has full installers for N3 and N4 (Ican’t remember which ones those are though), so a bit of trial and error should be able to sort this out.

DG

Thanks for the info everyone. Too busy at the moment to go through some trial and error mayhem.
Maybe next week.