Nuendo 5 with NEK compared to Cubase 6.5

Has anyone done any comparisons between the two products? I currently own Nuendo 4 with NEK and not sure whether to update to Nuendo 5 or switch over to Cubase. I don’t do much work with video, mostly music creation using MIDI, VST’s and acoustic/electric guitars.

I think Nuendo is the better choice due to features such as the advanced automation system. I guess it depends on how many of those features you’d use versus the financial outlay.

Is there any difference sonically?

No. There shouldn’t be.

I am also assuming that they both provide support for 64 bit Rewire eg Reason?

I believe they do.

There are some features I missed going from Nuendo 5.5 to Cubase and pthd, but not many. Cubase is developed much more than Nuendo in history. At least I think it is. Prepare to wait for fixes and updates for Nuendo. Beware of the path you choose and good luck on which ever one you do choose. Nuendo is a good app and so is Cubase. Automation as mentioned is deeper in Nuendo but you can get by without it just fine.

I don’t do much work with video, mostly music creation using MIDI, VST’s and acoustic/electric guitars.

My Vote:
Save your money, Cubase or stick with N4 and/or until the release of Nuendo 6 then make up your mind.