Dear Nuendo 6 users,
We are happy to announce the availability of the Nuendo 6.0.6 maintenance update! The new Version provides fixes and improvements in many areas such as ADR, visibility, workflow & operation enhancements for the MixConsole, including the ability to display channel names in two rows instead of one, as well as full workspace support and one-click plug-in access. An updated Voxengo Curve EQ version 3.2.5 with several fixes and enhancements, improved audio stability under Windows, improved UAD compatibility as well as more than 20 resolved issues in different areas of the application are also included.
Here is what’s new in detail:
- • Switching the project while ADR recording takes place now keeps the application responsive.
• The ADR settings window is now closed when closing the project.
• Visibility improvements
MixConsole now features better overall visibility and resize and window restore behavior. Depending on the zoom level, the channel names are now displayed on two lines instead of one and the font is rescaled for better readability. Mono / stereo / surround channel format now sports corresponding visual symbols. The Pre, Sends and Quick Control sections now feature consistent behavior of overlay controls. In addition the order of MIDI insert effects can now be changed, and individual MIDI effects can be copied via drag and drop.
• One-click plug-in access
Plug-ins in MixConsole can now be opened with a single mouse click on their slot position.
• Workspace support
The windows configuration and layout of MixConsole is now fully captured and restored when using Workspaces.
Voxengo CurveEQ 3.2.5 update
- • Improved audio processing performance by up to 30%
• A static spectrum can now be loaded from a WAV file directly
• A “Load CSV” and “Save CSV” text file function has been added
• Routing is now configured automatically
• The EQ curve display now continously refreshes
• When moving a control point close to the maximal or minimal frequency, Curve EQ remains responsive.
• Spectrum matching is now working correctly across all groups.
Improved audio stability
- To improve the overall audio stability under Windows, Cubase now ensures that the ASIO driver threads are using Windows MMCSS (Multimedia Class Scheduling Service).
Improved UAD compatibility
- Nuendo now features improved UAD compatibility, preventing “sample rate mismatch” issues.
- • When using the Arranger Track in “Pause after Repeats” mode, pressing the play button will start the playback immediately on the next Arranger Track event as expected.
• (OS X): The horizontal zoom direction in the Project window (CMD and mouse wheel) no longer switches depending on the “Natural scrolling” system setting and will always zoom-in like on PC.
• (OS X 10.8): Opening a project from a location using Unicode characters in the file path works correctly.
• Unfreezing a pasted Group Track now works as expected.
- • Setting MixConsole to full screen in a dual monitor configuration and reopening the project on a single monitor system no longer locks MixConsole to full screen mode.
• Unexpected resizing issues after changing the height of MixConsole no longer occur.
• Channel names, insert plug-ins and channel strip modules are now displayed with the correct font size.
• After switching the EQ band type, the focus frames in the Channel Settings window disappear as expected.
• The pre filter in the Channel Settings window now shows the on/off/bypass buttons.
• Insert preset names are updated correctly when the insert effect is changed.
• Track pictures on channels in MixConsole are now always centered properly.
• The Solo defeat tooltip now displays the correct modifier (“ALT+CTRL”).
• Pressing a key on the computer keyboard does not interrupt writing automation.
• Disabling a track no longer disconnects the side-chain inputs of the hosted plug-ins.
- • Besides the channel strip module, Nuendo now shows the regular plug-in version of Vintage Compressor.
• Multiband Compressor no longer causes inaccurate audio if very short audio events are processed.
• The “Live” button state of Multiband Compressor is now restored correctly when opening a project.
• Opening a project created in previous Nuendo versions and using bridged VST 2 plug-ins works correctly.
- • The Offline Process History now displays plug-in names correctly.
VST Expressions & Score
- • VST Expression map symbols are now shown as expected.
• It is now possible to scroll through long VST Expression Maps.
• Printing a score under OS X now works as expected.
A detailed version history and the 6.0.6 Updater are available here:
Nuendo 6 downloads
Thanks for choosing Nuendo!