Nuendo 6.5.30 VariAudio issue

Hi

Can anyone confirm in N6.5.30/ Variaudio…

Moving segments does not quite centre them on the nearest note?

is this before or after you apply the quantize pitch slider? cause if the note is a little sharp or flat moving it wil be the same offset unless you do the pitch quan first…and if u hold down the shift key you can move it in smaller segments.it might be shift.i have mine setup for ctrl up dowm arows for notes and shift up and down for smaller movements

Can not confirm. Usually moving will snap to nearest note and then you have modifiers for free move or relative note move. Perhaps check your modifiers under Preferences → Editing → Tool Modifiers → Edit Pitch/Warp Tool

I think moving or splitting a segment will reset the pitch changes anyway.
Best to do all your splitting/moving first, then address the pitch issues.

also a varyaudio question…why do we have to use the realtime algo for this,why cant we use the elasq algo for varyaudio?

I noticed this in N6. N5 would snap the move to the note which to me was very helpful since I could then micor tilt the note flat and be done with it. Now I have to move the note, then quantize it, then micro tilt it. Slows down the process. Splittling helps when I have multiple pitches but I don’t split indv pitches.

I noticed this in N6. N5 would snap the move to the note which to me was very helpful since I could then micor tilt the note flat and be done with it. Now I have to move the note, then quantize it, then micro tilt it. Slows down the process. Splittling helps when I have multiple pitches but I don’t split indv pitches.

Just change your tool modifier preferences to get the N5 behavior back.
N65_pitch_tool_modifiers.png

Haven’t been able to set the tool modifiers to 5.5. Thanks for the insight though, worse comes to worse I can hold down the cntrl key when moving the pitch.

Problem solved…

The Modifier keys for pitch and warp affect whether a segment is moved to an absolute or relative position…
Set the modifier keys [Preferences/Editing/Tool Modifier] as you wish… :slight_smile: