Nuendo 6.5?

Thanks Timo.

Is planned any update before 6.5 for fixing issues?

That timescale is disappointing.

may? - Surely it is better to fix all the existing bugs and issues before adding new features and probable new bugs!

Hello,

yes, we will release Nuendo 6.0.7 beginning of February.
Among other fixes it will include a major update for the AAF filter.

Thanks,
Timo

Ah - that is good news I suppose, but it is still a long way off.

My trial version of N6 is running out, so I’m still on N5.5.6 most of the time.

Thanks for the news Timo, but what a long wait indeed ! :open_mouth:
That’s about what to expect with a Flagshift product.
I’m thinking of buying a bundled UR824/Cubase AI. At least I’ll get some of the new stuff months ahead of Nuendo.

See you next spring then.
Peace.

Only about a year after release do we get an update for the AAF filter. You guys are fast! But that’s to be expected from a post-application I guess.

In the meantime I’ll use this as an alternative.

Thank you, this is very good news!

I am hoping that there will be a mixer view lock in the next update. It is annoying to try to resize the project window (which I do constantly) and the mixer resizes cuz the mixer is in focus. Once I set the mixer, I don’t ever need to resize it.

Dean

I am hoping that there will be a mixer view lock in the next update

You can do that in Nuendo 6.0.x by unchecking “Use Standard Zoom Controls” in the mixer functions drop down menu.

Very Cool! Thanks SteveinChicago. Unfortunately the zoom doesn’t work if the mixer is in focus so a click is still necessary but this helps.

Dean

I thought you didn’t want to resize the mixer, ever :wink:

What I meant was, I want to be able to use my zoom controls for the project window even if the mixer is in focus. I still have to click on the project window before I can resize the project window. And I imagine that sometime in the far distant future there may come a time where I might want to resize the mixer and I’m glad that that option is there too! :wink:

Thanks

Dean

Yes! Me too, and a lot of people. There is some talk of some focus issues being fixed by the the time Nuendo is released. I really hope so.

Who knows, maybe you won’t even have to focus the mixer window when that day comes. Here’s hoping! :slight_smile:

So, beginning of Q2?

Fingers crossed for an April 1st release!
:mrgreen:

I guessing there will be some sort of release that comes out with the Cubase update. Maybe not 6.5 but at least an update?. Would be nice to know, but I guess Nuendo does not need pre announcements. : :unamused:

I really think SB could take some ideas from the games industry, i.e. “Pre-Order” and alpha/beta testing for pre-orders.

Announce an update 3-6 months before it comes out and offer a pre-order discount of 10%.

They could also start selling some of their dongle-free products like “Cubase Elements” on Steam, recently saw that Cakewalk is selling their DAW software on Steam Apps now. :open_mouth: And it even popped up in the top sellers list.

Terrible idea.

Hello,

we currently plan to release Nuendo 6.5 in May. We’re currently still in the development process of new
features (such as a BASS Management), fixes for important issues that couldn’t be included in N6.0.7 as well as
further improvements for the AAF filter (mainly export side) to ensure seamless transfers between Media Composer/ProTools and Nuendo.

Thanks,
Timo

Hi Timo,

it’s good to see the AAF problems are now continuously being addressed with a higher priority. It looks like the fixes in the .0.7 update have worked wonders on the import side…It makes me feel we’re getting back on the right track here.

Ollie

Please, fix the OTHER issues.