Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

Hello,

thanks for your comments. I’m happy to share some more info on features and functions in Nuendo 6 in near time (not this week but soon). I’ll also share information on pricing. Except one or two update paths, Nuendo 6 will be slightly cheaper than 5 by offering more features at the same time. It will also contain a small but very professional sound effects library of good quality.

Thanks,
Timo

Looking forward to getting the info… :smiley:

Looking forward to reading your post…

Oh wow!! That´s what I wanted to hear!

And I thought it was pushed back to some time next year.

whew

ok, getting credit card ready… where is it… :sunglasses:

very soon sounds to me like “next week”.
you know there is always a lot of PR material which needs to be done first so my guess is they are just finishing that ATM

perfect timing, if you have good luck you´re in the grace period and get N6 update for a shipping fee

Even if it’s “next week”, or the week after, look at what he actually said:

He didn’t say that Nuendo 6 will be available very soon. Who knows when that would be. I mean, I’ll remain an optimist, but that’s what I was back in the days where the leapfrogging at least appeared to be not so severe, and when I still could find the occasional advertisement of Nuendo in an industry magazine, and there was at least a pretense of two-way communication…

They better nail this version. But with large pieces of code/functionality reprogrammed and given how they release versions with pretty severe bugs I’m curbing my enthusiasm… for now.

Agreed.

I am reading this as being a “Spring 2013” kinda thing - if not longer. Things that are fairly clear to me:

1. The leap frogging continues…
  2. The “let’s rebuild entire huge sections of the app because they suddenly are outdated” continues…
  3. Finally Cubase continues to get the love…

Since it’s pretty much a lock that C7 will be available long before N6…there is a bunch of waiting time on the way kids…

VP

I don´t think they would announce a date when the product would still be away several months…
Also I never had problem with the so called “leap frogging”.

C7 available long before N6…? No way :stuck_out_tongue:

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that a “date” would be mentioned? Timo said - (and I quote)

“Information on the availability of Nuendo 6 will be published very soon.”

How you get an actual “date” out of that is beyond me. As usual - we will be lucky to get the classic - “We plan to have N6 out in Quarter X of year X” blah blah blah…

Hmm…

Cubase 5 was announced on Jan 15 2009 at Winter NAMM
Cubase 6 was announced on Jan 13 2011 at Winter NAMM

See a (two year) pattern forming here?

Winter NAMM 2013 starts Jan 24 - and as usual - my money will be on C7 being announced at Winter NAMM 2013…with general availability by March 1, 2013. N6 to follow - well after that. These guys are nothing if consistent. Nuendo 5 BTW - was released long AFTER C6 in June 2011

Steinberg has never had an actual major release in the Nov-Dec-Jan timeline to my knowledge. It’s a “deadzone” for any product launch over the holiday season.

Of course - I would be pleasantly surprised to see anything sooner - history has molded me to be naturally skeptical - especially with the rumors of new interfaces, huge chunks of code being rewritten etc.

Lest we forget - N4->N5 took almost 4 years…I rest my case.

VP

Then again, it’s not like Steinberg is burning 95% of it’s assets on advertising nuendo to begin with.

But hey, maybe THIS time it’s different?

:bulb: Guys, lets do a little rumor

On Steinberg homepage is now new “mystical” advert with big number 5

It might indicate new Halion 5 - which will be fine for me :smiley: But will be shifting down Absolute VST little down.
OR
Cutdown in days (in case of Nuendo in months) to something - we hope big - ok it is only rumor but it might be cutdown to Nuendo 6 anouncement :ugeek:

Indices:
For Nuendo 6 - cutdown symbolic is very often used in Post-Production
Against Nuendo 6 there is small letter n on the end which will indicate Halion 5

Or this should be something with new STEINBERG R&D CENTER IN UK

Now lets pray and our dream will come true :smiling_imp:

Dream on bud. I have seen this in the past and Steiny usually only does this kind of thing for their consumer grade stuff…like a Halion. Definitely has nothing to do with Nuendo… :slight_smile:

VP

Countdowns are cute and cool for viral marketing. But what group of consumers is most impressed by viral marketing? I’m betting it’s not the Nuendo crowd but the Cubase crowd. Not saying they’ll announce the next Cubase, just that it’d be an incredibly weird marketing strategy to market or create a buzz about Nuendo 6 this way.

Remember when Pro Tools users were having a fit over PT x10? The awesome marketing opportunity for Steinberg to snatch customers manifested itself as a link in the lower right hand of the screen, surrounded by other links, about a discount on a crossgrade. Not a big splash on the front page. Not a big news release in industry related media. Not even an announcement on social media. Just a link you might find if you already knew to look for it.

So I have my doubts. If I was forced to guess or was a betting man I’d bet on a new Halion or Cubase 7. Call me a pessimist. I really hope it’ll be a daily countdown to Nuendo 6 though, and I hope it’s not just an announcement but actual availability through download. Says “4” now so I guess we’ll know on Wednesday…

For end of Q2 2012 we have another N5.x update scheduled.

From there, it is not “too far” away until Nuendo 6.

“” indeed…

I reckon it’s 4 days to go to the announcement of N6, with a new black look like their new VSTi’s, all the Feature Requests we’ve ever wanted, multi-point touch screen (Windows 8) compatibility and it’s going to be free for users since Ver.1…

Ah sorry, just woke up from a beautiful dream
:smiley:

I’m a little surprised that this hasn’t become a big topic here.
Steinberg hiring the Sibilus team, isn’t that big and great news?

Fredo

I think it’s fantastic. I really hope that they have some input into Cubase and Nuendo, because some of the “musical” features really need updating, as they are either like something out of the ark, or just plain wrong. I know that Daniel would be on top of this, if given a chance.

DG

It would be bigger news for me if the actual Sibelius app was part of the plan (aka baked into Nuendo) but here’s hoping that these new hires can bring something (anything!) special back to the scoring interface in the Steiny products - it sorely needs some TLC.

VP

BIG 4 countdown today…

I smell a big release on Wednesday :mrgreen:

Huh? You tell me! Is it advertised anywhere?

Yeah, it’s cool… though I’d rather they spent resources on development and testing of Nuendo…

Oh, and PS; additional “lol” @ SB almost ditching included score creation way back having to back down to user complaints.

source? I don´t see it anywhere on the website, it only says R&D office in London…

if this is in fact Sibelius, then of course great news!!

So Yamaha/Steinberg bought them from Avid?

edit:
found it

That is huge news indeed!!!

:smiley: