Nuendo 6 hangs when loading a project file

I was just working in it yesterday, today I installed NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, now my project won’t load. It hangs on loading a Reaktor track. I even opened the project without activating it and deleted any Reaktor-related tracks and it still happened, which makes me think it’s the Reaktor reference in the VST Instruments window. Is there any way to just disable Reaktor so I can salvage the project?

Thanks for any tips!

dwf

Nuendo 6.06, Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2 x 2.26 GHz, 8 core, OSX 10.8.5.

start up nuendo, don’t open your session, and go to devices>plug-in information.
Here you can turn plugs on and off.

Alternatively, go into your vst plug-ins folder and remove them or move them to another non-vst plug-in directory…

I went through, unchecked all potentially problematic plug-ins (Massive, Reaktor, Kontakt), also removed the actual VST files from the plug-ins folder, yet the 2 corrupted sessions still didn’t load. Both projects hang when loading the MixConsole. One when “Loading Channel: Massive”, the other “Loading Channel: BrassKontakt”. These are my names for the output channels for the respective plug-ins. At this point, I think the only thing to do is to re-constitute the projects track by track (to add insult to injury, when I try to export MIDI files for the projects, Nuendo crashes). Thanks for the advice!

dwf

Can you try uninstalling NI Komplete 9? If it is a problem with the new NI 9 package then jorisdeman’s suggestions of either unchecking the plugs in Nuendo or moving all of the NI files to a new folder (that Nuendo won’t look for) should have worked.

Dean

Got it!

It turned out to be an old Play.vst plug-in. Upgraded to the latest and everything’s back to normal.

Thanks for the help!

dwf