Nuendo 7.1 available - VST MultiPanner/Dolby Atmos

You should be able to see and understand what the issues are by just looking at the screen and follow the mouse clicks which are indicated. But either way, here are the items that seem to be just plain wrong to me:

— VCA Slave tracks with automation set to “global” never adjust faders to “+/-0dB” default when enabling TRIM in the automation panel.

— That breaks trim automation because those faders then appear to be writing a trim value based on the “automation read” value, which in turn is given by the VCA. This is in direct contrast to Pro Tools where the individual tracks are quasi-independent. We are able to change those tracks in PT independently of the VCA, including applying trim automation. The VCAs merely modify whatever the automation is on the tracks.

— Not only do these tracks (in my opinion) incorrectly write automation when it does write automation, it also does it in the wrong place. The automation written by me on the first two tracks were two short bursts of attenuation. In any logical implementation this would write automation where I touched the fader, not anywhere else. Instead the beginning of each track is now lower than the original 0dB. As you can also see clearly on the first track, despite me ONLY lowering the fader, there is a gradual ramp upwards before that short drop.

— It’s curious that the “TOUCH” track and the “TRIM” track behave entirely differently after automation has been combined. The first track no longer plays back automation after it has been written on it, whereas the second does.

— After “combine automation” has been undone, the first track (“TOUCH”) now plays back automation and appears to be behaving like the second. BUT, as you can see the “release” values are now entirely different. Despite all three tracks starting at 0dB, the first track now correctly ends at 0dB which is where no automation was ever written, whereas the second ends on roughly -8.5dB.

— Lastly, the third track, which had absolutely no automation written directly to it, and behaved as expected, is now at maximum gain at the beginning and end after having undone “combine automation”.

Let me know if the above behavior is all as planned. It would seem to me that if the “Version History” document specifically states that “Automation Trim mode can now be used on VCA Slaves” (B-12537) then it should be able to be used… in a predictable and logical manner.

So, am I misunderstanding what to expect here or what? I don’t have a problem being corrected here if you think that the above behavior is logical, intended, intuitive and more importantly industry standard.