Nuendo 7 and OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

It is the first time writing here. I have been a Protools user for more than 10 years (been through the 310P certification and everything), owner of a couple HD rigs, etc. I am strongly thinking of switching to Nuendo and I just installed it on one of my computers. The Mac OS requirements, as per Steinberg, includes 10.9 and 10.10. At the moment, I have three systems running 10.8.5 and ideally I’d like to avoid performing an OS upgrade. This evening, I installed a demo of Nuendo 7 on a Macbook Pro running 10.8.5 - I opted to update to 7.0.35 as the installer was initiating the process - and the app seems to run just fine.

Could anyone else please chip and let me know if they are happily running Nuendo with OS X 10.8.5.?

It be great to know if there are any other PTHD users that might be running Nuendo with the Avid Core Audio drivers to have an inkling of how these systems perform.

This evening, I installed a demo of Nuendo 7 on a Macbook Pro running 10.8.5 - I opted to update to 7.0.35 as the installer was initiating the process - and the app seems to run just fine.

I would see it as a bit of a risk. Ok for testing and trying out, but rather not for real work. Nuendo 6.5 will run fine on 10.8. For N7 I would update to 10.9. or 10.10.

Oswald

How are you liking the switch from protools???

I’ve have been running Nuendo 7 on 10.8.5 up to quite recently and can’t recall any problems. I have just recently been using OS10.10 because of Pro Tools 12.4HD and actually find that version of OS(10.8.5) much more stable then any of the other OS that have followed so far.