I have a ticket open with Steinberg, but I thought I’d throw it open here as well just in case I’ve missed something.
I have the latest version of Nuendo 7.1.20 running on Windows 10 Anniversary. I’ve recently upgraded my Cubase to Cubase 9.0.1 and carried out the Wavelab 9 upgrade.
I’m not sure if this is related, but on launching Nuendo last night, Nuendo stopped loading. The ironic thing is its random where it stops! Both Cubase and Wavelab are working perfectly! Its almost as if Nuendo is corrupt, so this is what I have done so far.
- Started Nuendo in safe mode and deleted the preferences - still failed
- Removed the Nuendo preferences folder completely - still failed
- VST plugins folders renamed to avoid loading - still failed
- Complete uninstalled Nuendo and reinstalled with version 7.0, then upgraded to Nuendo 7.1.20 - still failed.
- Installed the latest eLicenser drivers and also Groove Agent SE ( although I have Groove Agent full version and the latest version) - still failed.
I have an SSD with windows 7 on and Nuendo works OK on this, albeit I don’t have Cubase 9.0.1 installed but I do have Wavelab and Cubase 8.5 installed
I have checked the Nuendo log and there is a reference to ntdd.dll access violation which I understand is a windows error module! I managed to get a crash dmp file and this has now been submitted to steinberg
I’m at a loss at present!.. As mentioned Cubase 9.0.1 loads OK and as I understand it Nuendo and Cubase use practically the same engine and possibly the same loading mechanism.
Any ideas would be welcome.