Nuendo 7 official release date & Grace Period start

I currently have 6.5 with NEK, but don’t need the NEK that much. Can I upgrade that version to a 7 without NEK and the install 6.5 parallel, if I need the music features?

Thanks!

Yes of course.

Fredo

Without wishing to stir up a sh*t storm, is the release version of N7 a newer version than the current Cubase8, or the same version?

Thanks.

DG

Same version as the latest Cubase maintenance release.
And traditionally, there is already a maintenance release planned for Nuendo7, which will be availabe around the time the boxed versions arrive in the stores. That is, if everything goes according plan. I haven’t heard of any change of plans, so I think that what I am saying is correct.

Fredo

Thanks.

DG

First, i don’t want to start endless conversation. I just want to say:

I discovered (Steinberg) Nuendo since version 6 + Nek.
Money is not a problem for me and i’m in for any future Nuendo versions.
Tomorrow Nuendo7 + Nek. And later? Nuendo (Put any number you want here) +Nek.

Post Prod + Video Game Gizmos + Music Tools = Be sure, I’m totaly in.
Best Regards
Michel Blanchet

So…
Im working with Nuendo since version 2. Long before the NEK thing. As lots of Nuendo users, we try to understand some very basic issues with a very odd policy. Most of us are just tired from the disbelief it will ever change.
If you think the NEK is amazing and want to keep things as they are without considering your colleagues - good luck with that.

But the thing is that if we were to look at music versus post, at least here in the US, you’ll see professional for-profit post users make more money per hour than professional for-profit music users. The music market deflated when people started taking stuff without paying and while the post market was affected it was certainly less so than music. So in other words I really really really doubt any post facility cares at all about the price of the NEK. It simply disappears into all the other much higher costs and gets passed onto the client one way or another. In a sense it really makes more sense to have a cheaper app without post features for everyone who is making music with little or no profit.

I think this whole NEK thing is just nonsense. Since post users are likely to afford and actually buy the NEK why not just include all features by default and keep the total price? Why spend time and money on developing this add-on when it’s really not needed?

And as was pointed out at least two-three times earlier, if you do the maths on it you can actually see how it isn’t entirely unlikely that Steinberg could lower the price of the upgrade for a complete package and still make more money.

It’s just an unnecessary nuisance.

And just to be absolutely clear: I just upgraded to 6.5 yesterday to get 7 “for free”, and I think the upgrade price for a full version + NEK is absolutely fair. I don’t think it’s too high at all.

Hey guys … 100€ for NEK are 16 Boxes Gauloises, that I smoke in one month :wink:

I seriously think it’s time to calm down about the NEK’s pricing.

Compare this to another audio post DAW:

ProStools forces you to subscribe to a software you have bought previously for 590/year at the threat of losing your license upgradability if you let your subscription lapse. At the same time they call their software version 12 while there is NO significant new feature. (Not even freeze :laughing: )

Steinberg on the other hand regularly delivers a number of useful features and charges a very reasonable price.

I believe that if we open our eyes to reality we must say that we are extremely lucky with the way our DAW of choice is developing at the moment.

Just to give it another angle…

Cubase costs 550 Euro & includes all NEK features?
How much of this price is calculated for the NEK features in Cubase?

Nuendo 6 costs 1.700 Euro ( is that incl. NEK? It doesn’t tell…).
Nuendo is 1.150 Euro more expensive.

Nuendo is worth the investment. No doubt about it.
But to ask extra money for NEK in each and every upgrade is not in order.
But it is ever so easy to solve the problem… leave it aside.
M2c …

Big K

One more thing:

If the upgrade cost for Nuendo was 250 for everyone without the existence of a NEK, would you complain?
(By the way: The price for Ediload by Soundsinsync is 782 Euros…)

Stop complaining about the NEK, it’s ridiculous…

So what you are saying, the more money you think people are making, the more you can charge them.
So Sir Paul Mc Cartney’s copy of Cubase was also charged 10.000€ !?
:slight_smile:

Fredo

So now that the new version is available in the shop-section of the website, how do we go about getting it without paying?

I don’t see it. :confused:

You have to be creative. In the address field in your browser just replace 65 with 7. Hit enter. Page loads.

Man, you must have an “inside lane”! :laughing: My browser doesn’t show me a version number! :open_mouth:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/nuendo-7.html

Hmmm! Thanx!

:slight_smile: