Nuendo 8.2 crashes when opening project

Hi all,

first time poster here. Just updated my version of Nuendo to 8.2 and can’t open a very important project. I had issues with this project before but after updating it’s been crashing everytime I try to open it. Would REALLY appreciate any help here since this is a work related project and I need to get it running ASAP.
I’m using a MacBook Pro 2017, running Mac OS X 10.12.6. Trying to attach the crash report but this doesn’t seem to support .txt or .pdf files. Should I just paste it here?

Thanks,
Mladen

Did you try to delete (better:backup) your preferences xml file(s) ?

Just tried that, still crashing :frowning: When I try opening a previous version of that project I get:

“Project “Name of project” was created with Nuendo 1.x. This program version cannot load it.”

It’s either this message or instant crash, other projects load fine.

Here N8.2 is crashing with some projects.
If I create an empty project into an empty folder, I create a mono audio track. When I press arming record button, Nuendo crashes.

Anyone?

…i can’t even get 8.2 to start: it crashes every single time. prefs trashed, etc.
i’m working with a pretty old OS (10.9.5.), but it has been extremely stable with the latest nuendo-versions.
had to rollback to 8.1 in order to be able to work.

benoit

The same here, I can’t open a project which worked fine on 8.1. The project also doesn’t open when performing a safe start. Have to roll back to 8.1. in order to work on.

Rob

Uhh ohh! I tried to repro, but this doesn’t happen here (Windows 10). Useless for you now, but N8.2 runs very smooth here. Far better than 8.1.

I had to roll back to 8.1 (on my MacBook Pro only) after 100% crashes when loading templates which included media.
Maybe your issues have the same cause? Does the crashing happen at the end of the start-up sequence?

I sent my crash reports to info@steinberg.de , and I hope the engineers understand what happened under the hood?!

Sorry that I can’t solve your issues…
Niek/ Amsterdam

I had the same issue with Nuendo 8.2 on Mavericks 10.9.5.
In my case, it’s the aes31filter.bundle that is causing the crash. I removed it since I don’t really use AES31 and 8.2 is now running fine.
To do this go to the Applications folder, right click on Nuendo 8 -> ‘show package contents’ and you can find the file in Content -> Components
Back it up before you delete it just in case.

I wonder why you (and I) are not beta testers for Steinberg?
Or are we, while we actually don’t know?! :wink:

Thanks for your great investigation and your invaluable solution.

Niek/ Amsterdam.

I had the same issue with > Nuendo 8.2 > on > Mavericks 10.9.5> .
In my case, it’s the aes31filter.bundle that is causing the crash. I removed it since I don’t really use > AES31 > and 8.2 is now running fine.
To do this go to the Applications folder, right click on Nuendo 8 -> ‘show package contents’ and you can find the file in Content -> Components
Back it up before you delete it just in case.

Thank you for your solution!

Matteo
Cologne

No video from Nuendo 8.x is not working, but you can replace the video component with the one from Nuendo 7 with the old video engine and it will work.

See this thread for a few things I found about running Nuendo 8.2 with Mavericks 10.9.5

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=143557&sid=cd3969accd40e49f72ba6906eddcc704