Nuendo age-old hangups (and some new)

Hey folks,
just wanted to start a thread about old behaviours that still drive me a little mental, but wonder if there’s a work-around that I have missed.

The first two that inspired me to write are:

1. some way to not have the crossfade window pop up unless you really want it to (ie: double click the crossfade)
    Nu 5.5 seemed to help a little with this, but it still happens a lot!
  2. is there some way to not have it jump to whatever is selected when you press play while using Edit Mode? This has driven me nuts for a loooong time…
  3. Not really worth mentioning again, but some way to cut one event in the new lanes without cutting everything and making a mess (yes, the range selection tool does work here in a pinch, but…)
  4. I assign a key command to increment/ decrement event volume (command-up/down arrow, I highly recommend this one!) the only problem is, if I select a bunch of events that have different event volumes and try to increment all of them by 2 dB they are all reset to the initial level and then boosted by 2 dB. So if I’ve edited a vocal track with all sorts of volume changes, I can’t just boost using the key command (I know, a bit lazy this one!)

I’ll add more as they come up, but I was talking to a buddy and it’s funny how I just accept things that seem lame, instead of becoming that squeaky wheel that needs some grease!

FWIW I do love Nuendo, and thank the good Lord I don’t have to look at the black selections that the Cubase GUI has right now!

1. I assign a key command to increment/ decrement event volume (command-up/down arrow, I highly recommend this one!) the only problem is, if I select a bunch of events that have different event volumes and try to increment all of them by 2 dB they are all reset to the initial level and then boosted by 2 dB. So if I’ve edited a vocal track with all sorts of volume changes, I can’t just boost using the key command (I know, a bit lazy this one!)

That one should work as expected i.e. changes applied are relative. At least that’s how it works here as I use that all the time.

I just tried it to make sure I wasn’t imagining it, and it definitely does that over here, just to confirm, Command-UpA is assigned to “Audio-Increment Event Volume” in the key commands, is that the same with you? If I cut an audio file, adjust the volume on the different cuts and then with all selected go Command-up, they all get reset then move up by a dB.

I have them custom assigned to something I use but if I have 2 events (event 1 @ 0dB and event 2 @ +3dB), then select both events, use the increment key command I will get event 1 @ +1dB and event 2 @ +4dB.