Nuendo crashes 100% with a PS4 SDK component

Hello,

I´m a videogame sound designer and I found a crash in Nuendo 7 and 8.
For my work, I have to install several SDK for consoles as PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
One of these SDK´s (PS4) have something that make crash Nuendo. After many months of tests, I´m sure about the problem.

The problen is 100% playable, if I have installed the Neighborhood for PS4, Nuendo crash all times when I try to save the project.
If I uninstall this component of PS4 SDk, Nuendo works without problems.

This component is very important for sound designers because is neccesary for launch the game in the console for try it.
Four months ago, I created a support ticket in my Steinberg profile but after many messages from steinberg staff, i have no more answers for my problem.

I think this is very critical bug because all game sound designers working making games for PS4 will have this problem.
I can´t understand how is possible to advertise Nuendo as “The premier choice for game audio workflow” and being incompatible with PS4 SDK.

For more information, my ticket ID is: #33498 (For Steinberg Staff)

Thanks!

Hello Feromart,

we are aware of this issue and we actually already have a fix for it, which will be available with the Nuendo 7.1.40 and the Nuendo 8.1 Updates to be released within the next few weeks.

I’m sorry it’s been bothering you for so long, but it actually did take a while for us to find the cause of the issue and repair it, which is also one of the reasons why we haven’t released the last Nuendo 7 update so far, as we were holding it until this bug was ironed out and properly tested.

Please hold on a couple more weeks, and you’ll be able to use Nuendo 7 and Nuendo 8 without this problem.

All the best,

Hello Luis,

I am delighted to hear this.
Thanks for your reply

I´m still waiting the update… Did you say a couple of weeks or a couple of months? :imp:
Can you give more information about the update?

It‘s painful to see how bad Steinberg’s pro audio software department perform at the moment.

Totally agree.
It’s so bad that it doesn’t make sense…
Have they tested their software before any marketing or selling time ?