Nuendo crashes load project with waves plugins

Since two days a huge problem (don’t know why, no updates and changes).During load channels on startup nuendo hang on some channell and suspend it (many minutes of waiting and nothing help). I tried everything (update waves to newest version, reinstall Nuendo) and nothing help. Only remove waves shell from vst folders and doesn’t use waves make nuendo project able to load. Any idea?

Help!

VST3 or VST2 versions?
We have Mercury working on 4 systems. All VST3 though …

Fredo

I checked it. I have both, but when remove from folder VST3 version, project runes normaly. But it’s not solution, because sidechain doesn’t work on vst2 version…

Any idea?

regards

I checked it. C4 in vst3 version crashes session. Any idea?

C4 works perfect here.
Which version of Waves are you using?

Fredo

I only use the VST3 version.
And C4 works great with the latest Waves V9 release.

Pål

Yeah, only VST3 here too.

Fredo

I recived instructions from Waves. I think it resolves my problems already :slight_smile: (need few more days for test, till today everything loks ok)

Please take the following steps to change the language setting:
Go to: Start menu>Control Panel>Region and Language>and click on the Formats tab.
Click on Additional Settings and make sure that you have the following settings:
Decimal symbol: . (dot)

Digit grouping symbol: , (comma)

List separator: , (comma)

Negative number format: -1.1

Ahh! That old one.
Can’t believe it still is a problem with their plugs after almost 15 years.

Pål

Waves v9R11 Fixes the bug !! Tested !

I don’t think so. My problems started with 9.11 …

Have you updated the Libs properly and deleted the old WaveShells??
Another thing that may well help is to do this (Instructions are for PC - I have no idea where these live on a Mac)

Extract and run the installer in update mode
Do not mark anything in the checklist page
Follow the installation steps till it finishes
Run the installer again
Uninstall Waves
Go to your plug-ins folder and manually remove all the files that the installer did not
Waves Folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves & C:\Program Files\Waves
Default plug-in folders (to remove the shells):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files\Vstplugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins
Run the installer again, install your bundle - this should get you back up & running.

Hope this helps - there are also various reference files to get rid of with Cubendo as well:
C:(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg(Cubase/Nuendo)
VST3 caches - “Defaults.XML”
VST2.x info - “Vst2xPlugins (Cubase/Nuendo).XML”, “vstpluginfo.XML” & “vstPluginfov2.XML”

This is all caused because of the WaveShells - if they are not properly updated or in conflict, all manner of odd stuff can happen. I have always found this will clear up just about all Waves issues. If you also need the files/locations for Avid/ProTools please ask…

Sorry for that . I had the opposit problem. so yes checking all your vst folders is good !

Cleaning waves registery files before reinstalling can help too.

32bit : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Waves
64bit : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Waves

Sorry for the solution in a box ! :wink:

hey

after waves suggestion everythink really looks ok. Tahnks for your sugesstion but. For trying resolve my problems I do completly new system (2nd one) with newest version of plugins and thats doesn’t work. Fortunately waves sugesstion about comma resoled my problems. Regards