Nuendo doesn't play imported audio properly from mediabay!

Hi all,

Just transitioning from Ableton Live to Nuendo 7 and I’ve had some issues that have stopped me from being productive at all. When I import media using doubleclick or drag and drop from the mediabay - sometimes the files will play normally or sometimes nothing will play and at the end of the file block there’ll just be a really loud white noise segment or something like that. Or alternatively nothing will play at all period.

Furthermore when I look at a loop in the audioediting screen Nuendo appears to have warped it so its much faster than its original tempo. I’ve checked my VST connections and its all set up fine (should note that all these files work perfectly in Ableton and I’m not sure why none of them work in Nuendo).

If anyone can help that’ll be amazing :slight_smile:

Cheers!

sometimes nothing will play and at the end of the file block there’ll just be a really loud white noise segment or something like that

The only case when I remember a phenomenon like that was in the old times when trying to play 24bit audio on a DAW that was not able to do it.
What audio is it you are trying to import (type, sample rate, bit rate)?

Nuendo appears to have warped it so its much faster than its original tempo

Is sample rate of audio the same as project sample rate? If not do you convert on import?

Oswald

I never had such a problem, I’m currently using media bay a lot and haven’t experienced something like this. Sorry I cannot help here. This sounds like a conversion problem from sample rate or bit depth, as Oswald said.

I think Oswald is right.

It sounds like some sample rate / bit rate issue.

What about your audio interface? Is it set to the correct rate?