Nuendo Feature Requests -Part 1, Direct offline processing

Is the Steinberg team or someone representing them present in this forum?

they come here from time to time.

Just wanna give this a +1

Would definitely work more with DOP if this issue was taken care of. Currently default to automation printing for 90% of what I would otherwise go to DOP for.

1 Like

just read cubase 12 relese notes, and they did not fix it there, so i dont think it will be fixed here in nuendo either (i hope that i am wrong).
i hope that steinber understands that POST CLIP GAIN DOP PREVIEW is an essential workflow for dialogue editing, not some random stupid feature request

2 Likes

Just giving a +1 especially for the DOP post clip gain request. Ran into this today and almost blew my speakers.

This has got to be fixed

2 Likes

Yes, please fix this.

Clip gain should always be considered the foremost process of all, anywhere. It’s called CLIP GAIN, it should represent the gain pot of the mixer through which that audio was tracked, no other way to think about it.

1 Like

And then there is something else:
Unfortunately, DOP is very unstable. If you apply these to a clip - and then subdivide that clip further - and then apply DOP to those clips again, the processes may never finish.
You then have to manually remove the processes and restart them individually. I have already reported to support. The bug was confirmed but never fixed.
You can actually end the project that way. When you load the project again, the circles dance behind each process.

And then I would be very happy if you used multiple cores when editing multiple clips at the same time.
We restore historical sound carriers. DOP is 100% of the work.