Nuendo mixing up capitals and lower-case letters

Hi!

I’ve come across a weird problem.

When we are recording dubbing projects we use a “REC” track which we just rename when recording each new character.

Now, if we were to stop recording the character, “Garfield”, in the middle of an episode and continue recording another day and the engineer names the REC-track “GARFIELD” in capitals. It sometimes doesn’t continue the numbering of the events. If the last event is called Garfield_64 the next event should be GARFIELD_65 even with capitals but instead it starts from 1, GARFIELD_1.

Then when opening the project again some files are mixed up since, I guess, Nuendo doesn’t know which audio file to choose. GARFIELD_1 or Garfield_1. The length and placement of the events are all correct but the content is wrong…

Have anyone had this problem?

Best
Mathias

Nuendo 6.0.6 Mac Pro OS X 10.8.5 RME Fireface 400 Qnap NAS TS509-Pro

Anyone??

We noticed this problem again today in another series.

Best
Mathias

Nuendo 6.0.6 Mac Pro OS X 10.8.5 RME Fireface 400 Qnap NAS TS509-Pro

I have not experienced your exact issue, but Steinberg have had similar problems like this before associated with folder and file names not being recognised if they are written in upper and/or lower case. This is such a basic issue you would think they would be right on top of these sort of things!

Hang on a minute - this could relate to my post…