Nuendo to Cubase

Recorded all my songs using Nuendo (studio) in Australia but can only get Cubase for home use. Is there any way I can transfer Nuendo files to Cubase?
Mike

I used to own Nuendo and it could open a Cubase project, but it doesn’t go in the other direction.

You can still use the audio you recorded in the studio, but you’ll have to start a new Cubase project, import the audio and then rebuild your mix from scratch.

It’s not a perfect solution, but at least it gives you something to work with.

Hello,

please refer to this chart for project compatibility https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/compatibility-and-interchangeability-of-project-files/kb_back/2020.html

As you can see, it pretty much depends on which version(s) you are running, but for example Cubase Pro 8 will be able to open Nuendo projects created with Nuendo 3 and higher. The functions missing in Cubase will be omitted / not loaded.

Kind regards,

Apologies for the incorrect information. I quit using Nuendo after version 2 and back then it was a one way trip. Glad to see he has better options.

Indeed, something changed along the way… after Nuendo 2 :slight_smile:

I just cleaned out a closet last night and threw out boxes of floppy disks. Apparently, things do change along the way. :slight_smile:

Thankyou for that.

My experience has been that Steinberg support people are some of the best around. But don’t tell Fabio. We wouldn’t want him to get a big head. :slight_smile:

Gentlemen, I seem to be having a problem loading a Nuendo 4 project into Cubase 8 Pro. The usual import .npr feature is not visible. So how is it done, or is it even possible? I searched the Internet and indeed Steinberg’s FAQ’s, but this issue doesn’t seem to be addressed at all. Any help, greatly appreciated.