Nuendo's "Open In Wavelab" doesn't open 5.1-files

Whilst I am not one of the clamoring few as such, the requested functionality makes sense not only for present multichannel work but emerging mainstream formats and deliverables.

This one requires specific label-provided tools but you can see where this road is going Sony Group Portal - Sony Announces Content for 360 Reality Audio Will Be Available for Streaming Through Amazon Music HD

Sony and Amazon are pretty big players.

Generally, it’s challenging to understand how having the capacity to drag a (single) multichannel group of files into the wav edit workspace will impact adversely on pure stereo users.

I am sure Steinberg will find a way they always do…grrrrrrrrrrr!

I cannot understand it either, why I cannot open those file from Nuendo.
Still waiting for surround support in WL. Many years by now! It was often announced in next version or so, but never done.
Just wanting to do almost the same things with surround files that I’m doing with 2.0. Editing, fading, mastering, montage and exporting etc. .
I don’t expect an authoring of BD-Audio disc (would be great … but … ), keeping the DVD-A authoring like it is, is helpful and better than nothing.

Just do it! Add surround support. Now. 5.1 or 7.1 would be a good staring point. Thank you.