Numbering of voices in Dorico

Я не совсем понимаю чем руководствовались разработчики этого нотного редактора, когда реализовали очень странную нумерацию вводимых голосов на одном нотоносце.
Первый голос вводится без всякой оглядки. Тут-то и проблеме не из чего взяться. Первый вводимый голос он и должен быть первым по номеру голосом. Тут всё логично, хотя и не лишним было бы на курсоре отображать номер голоса, хоть и первого. Но когда нажимаешь Shift-V, то индикатор ноты на курсоре меняет только направление штиля и опять без указания номера голоса который будет набираться. Ну да ладно и это можно догадаться и стерпеть. Хотя какой смысл в этих догадках, мы же не играем в кошки и мышки? Или может номер 1 возле значка ноты курсора чем-то будет мешать? Ну так ведь?
Ну да ладно, идём дальше! Еще раз нажимаю Shift-V и тут возле нотки курсора появляется +2. Стоп, а какой же голос я набирал перед этим? Не второй ли? Так почему же после второго введенного голоса курсор сигнализирует что опять будет вводится второй голос? :angry:
Ну, думаю, да ладно, с этими номерами голосов, ввожу новый голос. Но почему же это уже третий голос если индикатор указывал, что это будет второй голос? Или я разучился считать или разработчики? Почему же в такой элементарной функции как ввод нового голоса такая путаница и такая неясность? Бред какой-то! Извините, если кого-то задело, но зачем такими вещами поганить хороший нотный редактор?
Номер голоса мы ведь определяем не по направлению штилей. Ну так ведь? Так зачем вносить такую путаницу с нумерацией голосов?
Даже если включить отображение голосов разными цветами, то и это совсем ничего не говорит какой по номеру каждый голос. Цвет лишь говорит о принадлежности к какому-то голосу. Но вопрос - к какому голосу они принадлежат? Из чего это узнать? Ведь в свойствах тоже об этом ничего нет. Опять догадки!

Ладно, идем далее! У меня введено два голоса и я иду в меню “Редактировать>Фильтр>Голоса”. Там вижу такие пункты меню:
Все ноты со штилями вверх
Все ноты со штилями вниз
Поднять штили для голоса 1

А где фильтр не по направлению штилей, а по его нумерации? Ведь один и тот же голос может быть со штилями вверх и со штилями вниз. Так какое мне нужно нажать меню чтобы выбрать нужный по номеру голос?
А если у меня более двух голосов, какое нужно меню, чтобы отфильтровать только третий или только четвертый голос? Опять ничего не понятно, опять кошки и мышки!
Теперь о третьем пункте меню фильтра для голосов Поднять штили для голоса 1. Вообще каким боком это меню оказалось в фильтрах если оно меняет направление штилей? Ну хорошо, есть оно, пускай будет. Но почему опять-таки упоминается только первый голос? А для остальных голосов что не нужно?

Я пишу об это не чтобы кого-то оскорбить. У меня просто шок и одни недоумения. :open_mouth:

===========================================

I do not quite understand what the developers of this music editor were guided by when they implemented a very strange numbering of the input voices on one note-bearer.
The first voice is entered without any care. This is where the problem does not come from. The first input voice he should be the first by number voice. Here everything is logical, although it would not be superfluous to display the number of the voice, even though the first one, on the cursor. But when you press Shift-V , the note indicator on the cursor changes only the direction of the calm and again without specifying the voice number to be dialed. Well, okay, and you can guess and endure it. Although what’s the point in these guesses, we’re not playing cats and mice? Or maybe number 1 next to the cursor icon icon something will interfere? Well, right?
Come on, come on! I press Shift-V once more and then +2 appears near the note of the cursor. Wait, which voice did I dial before that? Is not the second one? So why after the second entered voice the cursor signals that again the second voice will be entered? : x
Well, I think, come on, with these numbers of voices, I enter a new voice. But why is this the third voice if the indicator indicated that it will be the second voice? Or have I forgotten how to read or developers? Why in such an elementary function as the introduction of a new voice such confusion and such confusion? Nonsense! Sorry, if someone is hurt, but why such a thing to mock a good music editor?
We determine the voice number not in the direction of calm. Well, right? So why make such confusion with the numbering of votes?
Even if you turn on the display of voices in different colors, then this does not say anything about the number of each voice. Color only indicates belonging to some voice. But the question is - what voice do they belong to? How can I find out? After all, in properties, too, there is nothing about it. Again guesses!

Okay, let’s go further! I have entered two votes and I go to the menu “Edit> Filter> Voices”. There I see such menu items:
All notes with a calm up
All notes with calm down
Raise the Styles for Voice 1

And where is the filter not in the direction of calm, but by its numbering? After all, the same voice can be up and down with the calm. So what do I need to press the menu to select the desired voice by number?
And if I have more than two voices, what menu do I need to filter only the third or only fourth voice? Again nothing is clear, again cats and mice!
Now about the third item of the filter menu for voices Raise the Styles for Voice 1 . In general, how did this menu turn into filters if it changes the direction of calm? Well, there is, let it be. But why again only the first voice is mentioned? And for the rest of the voices what is not needed?

I write about it not to offend someone. At me simply shock and one bewilderment. :open_mouth:

I also use multiple voices. The numbering also disturbs me.
A meaningful numbering of the votes in the SHIFT V or V would be nice. Also corresponding improvement in the filter would be nice too.

Just in case, a quick note for Daniel:

If the translation of the individual items in Filter > Voices is suggested/offered by Dorico (i.e. not by the system), the Russian version that OP is citing is misleading - it reads in Russian as an action of changing the direction of the stems.

Just my two cents.

If I understand the issue well enough… Dorico allows the user to theoretically have a never ending number of voices per staff. This could get confusing when discussing voice 6 from voice 7.

Dorico therefore goes by up-stem voice, and down-stem voice. SHIFT+V creates a new voice, V cycles between the voices. You will have up-stem voice 1, down-stem voice 1, up-stem voice 2, down-stem voice 2, etc. In the VIEW menu, you can select to have Dorico show voice colors.

Если я хорошо понимаю проблему … Дорико позволяет пользователю теоретически иметь бесконечное количество голосов на одного персонажа. Это может запутать при обсуждении голоса 6 из голоса 7.

Таким образом, Дорико идет вверх по голосу и голосу. SHIFT + V создает новый голос, V-циклы между голосами. У вас будет голова вверх по течению 1, голос 1 вниз по течению, голос 2 «вверх по течению», голос 2 «вниз по течению» и т. Д. В меню VIEW вы можете выбрать, чтобы показать цвета голоса Dorico.

Robby
[translated with the help of Google Translate]

Dear Robby,

Your patience and willingness to help out that user are truly commendable.
Yet, since I can read Russian, I feel compelled to let you know that unfortunately, whenever Google Translate is tasked with converting a text that uses technical terminology, it fails miserably.
Just to give you the idea what Google Translate has done with your text, here’s the example.
You wrote:

You will have up-stem voice 1, down-stem voice 1, up-stem voice 2, down-stem voice 2, etc.

And here’s reverse translation of what Google Translate has done with your explanation:
"Your head will be upstream 1, the voice 1 down the stream, the voice 2 “up the stream”, the voice 2 “down the stream” …
I’m not kidding or exaggerating - that translation is a nonsense both grammatically and semantically.
So, I just feel sorry that you spend your time and energy in vain.

I wish you nice weekend :slight_smile:
Igor Borodin

I can only imagine the trouble IWTA must have trying to understand the various documentation pages written in English, and I expect the video help is completely inaccessible to him. The situation must be frustrating.

Damn… I am so sorry. Speaking no Russian, nor reading it, I did what I could.

I hope IWTA can get the help he needs.

Robby

Переводчик часто переводит неправильно, а иногда даже смешно, но я немножко приспособился к нему, поэтому хоть и с трудом, но всё же понимаю о чем речь. Так что пишите всё что считаете нужным, а если что не пойму, то переспрошу. :slight_smile:

Логику программистов теперь я немного понимаю.
По сути после того как я набрал первый голос и нажимаю SHIFT+V мне предлагается ввести опять же первый голос только с направлением штилей вниз. Думаю, это сделано чтобы не делать дополнительных движений если необходимо указать не только голос, а еще и направление его штилей. Но такой подход ОЧЕНЬ запутывает и никак не избавляет от дополнительных нажатий.

Если я после ввода нот первого голоса нажму только один раз SHIFT+V, то я буду вводить тот же первый голос, только с направлением штилей вниз. Но по факту это будет иной голос, а значит - второй. Лишь после еще одного (повторного) нажатия SHIFT+V будет предложено ввести по номерации +2 - второй голос, но по факту это будет уже третий голос. Но это, оказывается, по логике программистов, смотря как считать. Если считать по факту, без учета направлений штилей - будет три голоса. Если же считать с учетом направления штилей, то в приведенном случае будет первый голос с направлением штилей вверх, далее первый голос, но уже с направлением штилей вниз и тогда лишь второй голос. Не мудрено ли? Возможна ли при такой реализации ясность? Думаю, что нет!

Правильнее будет после смены голоса через нажатие SHIFT+V нажать (только, если будет в этом необходимость) еще дополнительную комбинацию клавиш, чтобы сменить направление штилей.
В итоге у нас будет абсолютная нумерация голосов, а не относительная, в зависимости от направления штилей. Тогда не будет никакой путанки и всё будет ясно. А дополнительные движения все равно будут, при любой реализации, с вводом нужного голоса. Сейчас это повторное нажатие SHIFT+V чтобы перескочить на второй голос. Но зачем? Мухи и котлеты должны быть отдельно. :slight_smile:
Для смены голоса должно быть одно сочетание клавиш, а для смены направления штилей другое сочетание клавиш.

Тогда и в фильтре для голосов можно не использовать направление штилей, а писать просто:
Голос 1
Голос 2
Голос 3
Голос 4
и так далее.
Причем, активными пунктами этого меню должны отображаться только существующие голоса. И тут тогда будет полная ясность и удобство.

В существующей реализации фильтра голосов из-за зависимостей номера голосов и направления штилей ничего непонятно. Вообще путанка и неудобство. Номер голоса ведь не зависит от направления штилей. Когда мы идем в Фильтр⇒Голос, мы же ищем там номер нужного нам голоса, который нужно отфильтровать, а не направление штилей? Правильно?

Прошу присоединится к просьбе к разработчикам исправить эту путанку с номерами голосов и также добавить на панель свойств отображение номера голоса выделенной ноты или нот.

==============================

The interpreter often translates incorrectly, and sometimes even funny, but I have adapted a little to him, so though with difficulty, I still understand what it’s about. So write everything you think is necessary, but if I do not understand, I’ll ask again. :slight_smile: Logic programmers now I understand a little. In fact, after I dialed the first voice and press SHIFT + V, I’m asked to enter again the first voice only with the direction of calm down. I think this was done in order not to make additional movements if it is necessary to indicate not only the voice, but also the direction of its calmness. But this approach is VERY confusing and does not get rid of additional clicks. If I press only SHIFT + V after entering the first voice notes, then I will enter the same first voice, only with the direction of the calm down. But in fact it will be a different voice, which means - the second. Only after one more (repeated) pressing SHIFT + V it will be offered to enter the second voice by the number +2, but in fact this will be the third voice. But it turns out, according to the logic of programmers, depending on how to count. If you count on the fact, without taking into account the directions of calmness - there will be three votes. If we take into account the direction of calm, then in this case there will be the first voice with the direction of the calm up, then the first voice, but with the direction of the calm down and then only the second voice. Is not it tricky? Is this clarity possible with such an implementation? I think no! It will be more correct after pressing the SHIFT + V key to press (only if it is necessary) another additional key combination to change the direction of the calm. As a result, we will have absolute numbering of votes, and not relative, depending on the direction of calm. Then there will be no confusion and everything will be clear. And additional movements will still be, with any implementation, with the input of the desired voice. Now it’s a second press of SHIFT + V to jump to the second voice. But why? Flies and cutlets should be seperated. :slight_smile: To change the voice there should be one key combination, and to change the direction of calmness another key combination. Then in the filter for voices you can not use the direction of calmness, but simply write: Voice 1 Voice 2 Voice 3 Voice 4 and so on. Moreover, the active items of this menu should only show the existing voices. And then there will be complete clarity and convenience. In the current implementation of the voice filter, because of the dependencies of the voice number and the direction of the calm, nothing is clear. In general, the mess and inconvenience. The voice number does not depend on the direction of the calm. When we go to Filter. Voice, we are looking for the number of the voice we need to filter out, not the direction of the calm? Correctly? I ask to join the request to developers to fix this mess with the voice numbers and also add the voice number of the selected note or notes to the properties panel.

Here goes another attempt.

Pressing the SHIFT + V button creates a new voice. Once the voice is created, pressing V will cycle through the voices.

Нажатие кнопки SHIFT + V создает новый голос. Как только голос будет создан, нажатие V будет циклически проходить через голоса.

Voices are labeled up and down.

Голоса помечены вверх и вниз.

Picture shows adding new voice (down). -------- На рисунке показано добавление нового голоса (вниз).

Adding voices alternates up and down.

Добавление голосов чередуется вверх и вниз.

This pattern continues up and down.

Эта последовательность продолжается вверх и вниз.

to be continued… ---------- продолжение следует…

Robby

You can view the different voices, and recognize what notes are in each voice by turning on the voice colors.

Вы можете просматривать разные голоса и распознавать, какие заметки в каждом голосе, включив цвета голоса.

to be continued… ------------ продолжение следует…

Robby

I am sorry for all the confusion, but I hope this helps make some sense.

Прошу прощения за всю путаницу, но я надеюсь, что это поможет понять.

Are you also requesting a feature to somewhere to number the voices?

Вы также запрашиваете функцию где-то, чтобы пронумеровать голоса?

Robby

Robby

Спасибо! Я уже понял как работает программа с голосами еще с первого вашего сообщения. :slight_smile:
Но сейчвс я предлагаю, чтобы сообщить разработчикам немного изменить сам принцип ввода голосов для того, чтобы другие пользователи не спотыкались на этом месте. Текущая реализация запутана (для новых пользователей) и не только при вводе, но и при использовании фильтров для голосов. Разработчики, при создании такого ввода голосов, руководствовались тем, чтобы только через одно клавиатурное сокращение Shift-V можно было не только менять номер голоса, но также и менять направление штилей. Но их ошибка была в том, что повесив на одно клавиатурное сокращение Shift-V две разные функции они только всё запутывают.

Скажите, если я после ввода первого голоса нажму один раз Shift-V и начну вводить таким образом ещё один голос, затем еще раз нажму Shift-V и введу следующий голос, который теперь на курсоре будет обозначен +2. Так сколько у меня по факту введено голосов?
Правильно, смотря как считать? Вот что меня напрягает - двусмысленность!
Конечно, скажете вы, надо было сразу правильно указать второй голос дважды нажав Shift-V чтобы начать ввод второго голоса.

Если я ввожу ноты только по два голоса на один нотоносец, то мне, чтобы начать вводить второй голос, постоянно нужно не один раз нажимать Shift-V, а дважды. Конечно, лишний раз не проблема нажать на клавиши Shift-V, но зачем? Можно ведь сделать для добавления нового голоса через Shift-V, а если есть необходимость сменить направление штилей, то это делать уже через Alt-V (как вариант). И не будет тогда никакой путанки и лишних нажатий чтобы ввести нужный номер голоса.

Еще одна проблема и путанка при нынешней реализации ввода новых голосов кроется в фильтрации голосов. Скажите, если у меня есть четыре голоса, а мне нужно выделить третий голос, как я могу через фильтр выделить третий голос?

Теперь о выделении разных голосов через цветное обозначение. Как бы красиво это не выглядело, но в панели свойств нужно добавить один пункт - отображать номер голоса выделенной ноты (или всего голоса) и цветовую метку и возможность не только узнать номер голоса, но и поменять его на другой номер.
А само выделение цветом вам не скажет какой номер у голоса.

==================

Robby Thanks! I already understood how the program works with voices from the very first time your message was received. :slight_smile: But I suggest that you tell the developers to change the voting principle a little so that other users do not stumble on this place. The current implementation is confusing (for new users) and not only when typing, but also when using filters for voices. Developers, when creating such input of votes, were guided by the fact that only through one keyboard shortening of Shift-V it was possible not only to change the voice number, but also to change the direction of calmness. But their mistake was that by hanging the two keyboard shortcut Shift-V with two different functions they just confuse everything. Tell me, if I press Shift-V once after entering the first voice and start to enter one more voice in this way, then press Shift-V again and enter the next voice, which will now be marked +2 on the cursor. So how many votes have I actually received? Correctly, depending on how to count? That’s what annoys me: ambiguity! Of course, you will say, you had to rightly specify the second voice by pressing Shift-V twice to start entering the second voice. If I enter notes with only two voices per caste, then to me to start entering a second voice, constantly you need to press Shift-V more than once, and twice. Of course, once again, it’s not a problem to press the Shift-V keys, but why? You can after all do to add a new voice through Shift-V, and if there is a need to change the direction of calmness, then you can do it through Alt-V (as an option). And then there will be no mismatch and unnecessary clicks to enter the desired voice number. Another problem and confusion with the current implementation of the introduction of new votes lies in the filtering of votes. Tell me, if I have four votes, and I need to allocate a third voice, how can I select a third voice through the filter? ---- Now about the allocation of different voices through the color designation. No matter how nice it looks, you need to add one item in the properties panel - display the voice number of the highlighted note (or the entire voice) and the color label and the ability to not only know the voice number, but also change it to another number. And the very selection of color you will not tell what number the voice has.

Объединение двух разных функций на одно клавиатурное сокращение, это также как объединить два вопроса обычно задаваемых по отдельности на венчании двух супругов в церкви.
1 вопрос мужу: Желаешь ли ты взять себе в жену эту рабу Божию Наталию?
2 вопрос мужу: Не обещался ли ты другой?

Теперь представьте ситуацию, когда два разных вопроса задаются вместе:
Желаешь ли ты взять себе в жену эту рабу Божию Наталию, и не обещался ли другой? А ответ должен быть один, Да или Нет! :slight_smile:

Такой курьезный случай был на самом деле. :slight_smile:

======================

Combining two different functions into one keyboard shortcut, it’s also like combining two questions usually asked separately at the wedding of two spouses in the church.
1 question to her husband: Do you want to marry this slave of God to Natalia?
2 question for her husband: Did you promise another?
Now imagine a situation where two different questions are asked together:
Do you want to marry this servant of God to Natalia, and did not the other promise? And the answer must be one, Yes or No! :slight_smile:
Such a curious case was in fact. :slight_smile:

For what it is worth from a non-Dorico user, when I was demoing Dorico, I had a similar issue (if I really understand what the OP is saying) entering different voices and knowing what voice was what. I much prefer the Finale approach in which input is clearly locked in a single layer until the layer is changed (which I guess is the same in Dorico, but not quite, somehow). And editing is easy since in editing mode the non-active layers are in gray. One doesn’t have to remember what color is what or have numbers in the music identifying voices. Of course, this may be a misperception having hardly used the program, but it certainly seemed awkward on very first acquaintance.

Dear John,
I don’t know which version of Dorico you were demoing. I own it since day one, and some functions have been added that make using voices in Dorico way easier than they were at the beginning. Now you can
• copy/paste selected content to a specific voice
• move to a specific voice (merge different voices that actually should be one, for instance)

I find that, with the help of colors, I do not find myself in a complicated situation anymore, and that Dorico handles voices beautifully.

Note to Robby,

Just wanted to let you know that this time Google Translate did much better job translating your explanations (albeit, not without funny things).
Couple of most essential mishaps: from English to Russian the word ‘notes’ is translated as textual notes that a student can take during a lesson.
From Russian to English: ‘calmness’ is - believe it or not - a note’s stem(s).
And a few other pearls :slight_smile:

Similar to, I use the voices like you, Mark. Important that they are properly represented on paper. But sometimes you want to edit only the a certain of many voices. I would like to choose this, for example with a new button. The other voices are then grayed out. I know it from “Encore”.

When I started with Dorico my head was in the ‘which voice’ mode. I’ve found that for most circumstances I don’t need to care with Dorico. When Dorico implements exploding and combining parts, I think I won’t ever to need to worry.
Dorico doesn’t seem to have the same gotchas as Finale.

Steinberg has experience with such programs and know-how. Nevertheless, they invent the wheel anew, with all accompanying children’s diseases.

В новой версии редактора, что-то изменилось по обсуждаемому вопросу?

In the new version of the editor something has changed on the issue under discussion?