Numbering of voices in Dorico

There is no change to the way voices are handled in Dorico 2. We are happy with the way this aspect of the software is designed and do not anticipate making any major changes in that regard. Dorico’s handling of voices is considerably more flexible than other notation software, and one of the things that gives it that flexibility is the freedom to make voices start and stop wherever they are needed.

Daniel!

Читали ли Вы эту ветку от начала?
Неужели вас устраивает путаница с вводимыми голосами?
Ладно! Пускай даже всё остается как есть, только сделайте чтобы номер-указатель вводимого голоса отображался под все голоса, а то не совсем понятно какой голос вводится после первого нажатия Shift-V?
По логике, после первого нажатия на Shift-V должен вводится второй голос. Так ведь? Но, тогда почему после второго нажатия на Shift-V вводится второй голос, если по счету должен вводится третий голос?
Какой по номеру голос вводится после первого голоса, если после нажатия на Shift-V изменяется только направление штилей?

Если на одном нотном стане есть несколько голосов с разным направлением штилей, то как мне выделить нужный голос?

=========================================

Daniel!
Have you read this branch from the beginning?
Are you satisfied with the confusion with the input voices? OK! Let even everything remains as is, just make the number-pointer input voice displayed under all the voices, and it is not clear what voice is entered after the first press Shift-V?
Logically, the first press Shift-command-V, you must enter the second voice. Is it? But, then why after the second press on Shift-V the second voice is entered if on the account the third voice has to is entered?
What is the number of the voice is introduced after the first vote, if after pressing Shift-V change only the direction of the winds?

If one stave has a few votes with a different direction of the winds, how do I select a voice?

Shift+V gives a new voice.
V (just V, no shift) just goes round the voices you already have.

I have read the thread from the beginning, yes. When you type Shift+V for the first time, you get Down-stem Voice 1. Shift+V again gives you Up-stem Voice 2, then Down-stem Voice 2, and so on. I think this is predictable enough, and provided you use V to cycle through existing voices rather than hitting Shift+V every time you need to write in another voice, you should be fine.

Daniel!
Тогда добавьте номер-указатель также и к первому голосу с направлением штилей как вверх так и вниз. Это избавит от путаницы, а сам принцип ввода нот останется тот же.

А как с ответом на вопрос о выделении одного голоса из нескольких голосов на одном стане?

========================

Daniel!
Then add the pointer number to the first voice with the direction of the pins both up and down. This will eliminate confusion, and the principle of entering notes will remain the same.

And what about the answer to the question of singling out one voice from several voices on one musical stand?

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand your question here, sorry. Does anybody else reading this thread understand the original Russian?

Например: есть на одном нотном стане введенных несколько голосов, но мне нужно выделить только один голос. Как мне выделить из нескольких голосов только один нужный мне голос?

For example: there are several voices on one musical notation, but I need to select only one voice. How can I single out only one voice from several voices?

You can find out which voice a note is in by selecting it and hitting Return or Shift+N: when the caret appears, the voice indicator next to the caret will tell you what voice it is. You can then use this information to use Edit > Filter > Voice, and choose the appropriate voice from the menu there.

Daniel! Сейчас при вводе голоса 1 отображается указатель (значок ноты) который указывает лишь направления штилей (без указания номера 1 вводимого голоса), что главным образом и запутывало. Нужно отредактировать (добавить цифру 1 к иконке ноты со штилем вверх и штилем вниз) иконку которая служит индикатором вводимого Голоса 1.

Daniel! Now when you enter voice 1, a pointer (note icon) is displayed that indicates only the direction of the pins (without specifying the number 1 of the voice input), which is mainly confusing. You need to edit (add the number 1 to the icon of the note with the calm up and calm down) icon that serves as an indicator of the input Voice 1.

No, I don’t think we should do this. For most instruments, you need only one voice, and at most two: one up-stem and one down-stem. Adding the number to the caret just adds visual clutter for the majority case, and doesn’t add any information. It’s only for complex polyphonic keyboard, guitar, harp and mallet percussion music that you ever need more than two voices on a staff, and you can tell that you are looking at the first voice because there is no number shown.

Daniel! Тогда как сейчас лучше вводить ноты для мужского хора если на одном нотоносце есть по два голоса? На первом нотоносце - Тенор 1 и Тенор 2. На втором нотоносце Баритон и Бас. С вводом первого голоса для Тенора 1 - всё ясно, а как быть с вводом нот для Тенора 2? Для этого нужно только один раз нажать Shift-V (изменить только направление штилей) или нужно дважды (или сколько там раз) нажать Shift-V чтобы ввести голос 2 со штилями вниз? И как вообще сейчас, когда еще не реализована работа с несколькими голосами на одном нотоносце ( Working with two voices on a single staff - Dorico - Steinberg Forums ) при создании нового документа указать исполнителей и так далее.

==========================

Daniel! Whereas now it is better to enter notes for men’s choir if one staff has two voices? On the first note - Tenor 1 and Tenor 2. The second staves Baritone and Bass. With the input of the first voice for Tenor 1-everything is clear, but what about the input of notes for Tenor 2? To do this, you only need to press Shift-V once (only change the direction of the pins) or you need to press Shift-V twice (or how many times) to enter the voice 2 with the pins down? And even now when it’s still not implemented to work with multiple voices on one staff ( Working with two voices on a single staff - Dorico - Steinberg Forums ) when you create a new document to specify the performers and so on.

You need only press Shift+V once to obtain the first down-stem voice, then use V to switch between your two voices.

When you say “…only need to press Shift-V once (only change the direction of the pins)”, I think this reveals the source to your confusion.
There’s one nuance here that is quite important. When you toggle through voices with Shift-V, it’s NOT;

• Voice 1 stem up
  • Voice 1 stem down
  • Voice 2 stem up
  • Voice 2 stem down

It is;

• Up-stem voice 1
  • Down-stem voice 1
  • Up-stem voice 2
  • Down-stem 2

My point is that these are four INDIVIDUAL voices, not two voices with different stem directions. So if you only need two voices on a staff (such as Tenor 1 and 2) you should use Up-stem voice 1 and Down-stem voice 1. The fact that these voice share the same number doesn’t mean that they’re the same voice (as it might seem if you come from Sibelius), they are completely separate.

Does this make sense?

Daniel! Пока еще нет полноценной работы с двумя голосами (Working with two voices on a single staff - Dorico - Steinberg Forums) то как правильно указать исполнителей в самом начале создания документа? Меня интересуют только ввод нот для мужского хора с двумя голосами на одном нотоносце. И когда будет сделана полноценная работа с несколькими голосами на одном нотоносце, чтобы не делать всё заново.

=============================

Daniel! Yet complete the work with two votes (Working with two voices on a single staff - Dorico - Steinberg Forums) how to correctly identify artists at the beginning of the creation of the document? I’m only interested in entering notes for a male choir with two voices on one note-carrier. And when will be made full-time job with multiple voices on one staff, not to do it all over again.

andgle
Поддерживаю!
Какой смысл называть четыре отдельных голоса - Голос 1 со штилями вверх, Голос 1 со штилями вниз, Голос 2 со штилями вверх, Голос 2 со штилями вниз - двумя голосами. В чем тут гибкость? Я, например, вижу только одну путаницу, а гибкость… В чем она? Чтобы “гибко” запутать пользователя? Тому, я к вопросу нумерации голосов задал еще один вопрос по фильтрации этих самых голосов расположенных на одном нотоносце. Там тоже возникает путаница в связи с “гибкой” реализацией нумерацией голосов.

===========================

andgle
Support!
What is the point to call four separate voices - Voice 1 with stems up, Voice 1 with stems down and Voice 2 with stems up, Voice 2 with stems down two votes. What is flexibility? I, for example, see only one confusion, and flexibility… What is it? To “flexibly” confuse the user? Tom, I have to question the numbering of the votes, I asked one question to filter most of these votes are located on the same staves. There too there is confusion in connection with" flexible " realization by numbering of voices.

IWTA,
the source of your confusion might be that you think too complicated from the very beginning.
Just input first tenor, then go back to the beginning, press Shift-V and input the second tenor.
Do the same with the two basses.
And save your brain :wink:

Only voices 1 doesn’t have the number…

Unless on is color-blind (and I admit that is a difficulty) one can show the voices in different colors to keep track of them.
If a direction stem points up or down without a number, then the number is one. No need to clutter up the interface with another symbol.

True, voices are handled differently in Dorico than in other notation programs. As with many of Dorico’s ground-breaking features, once one learns the system (which does mean investing some time, yes) it is not that difficult to follow.