I’m getting a sneaking suspicion that my NVMe drive is actually so fast that it is causing projects to fail to load, and to crash Cubase. Poof. Vanished…
It’s either that or my new 12-core machine isn’t threading correctly when projects open.
HOW I initiate the startup of a .cpr is directly correlated to how frequently these crashes happen. If Cubase is booted up and then I open a .cpr using the hub or the File/Open dialog, or even if I navigate to the .cpr on my hard disk and click on it, Cubase crashes near every time.
If Cubase is NOT open already, however, and I start up a .cpr by directly clicking on it in the finder, Cubase opens and so does the project. Something about it taking that EXTRA time to load everything more slowly creates success. This is clearly an error of bits of data conflicting with each other, out of order, or something. I may be way off base…
The feeling I have is like I’m throwing 10 balls at a juggler at once and expecting him to perform… rather than one ball in at a time.
I’m at a loss. This is a new system. The just started happening today after using VST Connect PRO for a while, and then turning that all off, rebooting, creating simple projects, and testing over and over… and I finally figured out that I could open these seemingly “corrupt” .cprs simply by initiating the file a different way.
Note: it’s not a preferences issue, i deleted prefs and tried a bunch of other troubleshooting.