NYC LGT Fri 4/29?

I wish it was that price over here. In the UK it’s $9 a gallon.

And we American b1tch like, er, b1tches when it goes up a few cents.

How insensitive to hold an LGT when there’s a royal wedding that day, Tom. Shame on you :unamused:

Kidding, hope you all have a blast. Most Brits will be asleep while the wedding’s on anyway :laughing:

Or doing somethign far more worthwhile. The media tried to get everyone to have a street party. Hilarious belly flop that was. :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know for a fact, but I suspect many of us Yanks are FAR more intrigued by the Monarchy than most Brits. Personally, I find it a ridiculous anachronism, regardless of whatever effect it has on “tourism”

The BBC has spent more time showing the American reaction to the ‘Wedding’ than the Brit reaction. But then the BBC loves anything America. it shows huge amount of American ‘news’ and very little European news.

So yup, Doug I fear your conclusion is correct. :slight_smile:

We’re just using it as an excuse to party at odd times of the day… not that I love the monarchy, however, certain members of my family might a bit more than me… But, we still have Victoria day over here, so thanks to that old battle axe, we have an extra day off from work! :laughing:

What, she’s got her own day?

Too funny!

OMG!!

Chavscape! :laughing:

No, this one… :frowning:

She’s never been to New Jersey either… :wink: (feeble attempt at being on topic) :sunglasses:

Eerie similarity in hair-do’s there

Very similar in the “We are not amused” stakes too!! :smiley: :smiley:

LOL… You guys are hysterical :laughing:

Well, as it turns out, the shoot is next week on friday. I had gotten the days confused. Of course, I still have no details yet. I am considering not even going because of this. I’d rather cut the grass :laughing:

I will keep you posted, Larry. I am going to contact the artist today to see how the contract is shaking out. That’s probably what is holding everything up.

I don’t get it… My artist tells me they are having discussions via Skype. What the heck is that about? The video producer has a phone and I the artist was texting him a week ago when we were wrapping up the mix for the video.

Something seems fishy… Is that how it’s done these days?

Beware the Skype Face of Fraud !!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! :smiley: :smiley:

My thoughts exactly.

I tried telling the artist this and he says the video producer is bonafide. I still don’t trust it.

Hi Tom

Do you have any direct contact with the video people or is it all being done through the artist?
Skype is another channel of communication. Whatever the channel, ‘We are having talks’ is putting you on the recieving end of the results of others’ conversations.

Do you have some solid agreement with the artist whereby the artist’s relationship with the video people be legally totally seperated from the artist’s relationship with you? Some way whereby the only person who has to ‘pay’ for delays on account of video contract will be the artist?

Obviously, I don’t have all the details of your situation, but I am guessing you are wondering about ‘protection against messabout’ … given that you are making future commitments which tie up your agenda, and thereby risk losing you work with other clients. Given your added expression of concern today, please steer my guesses toward more precision here or in PM I have zero legal knowledge, but can be useful regarding strategies and outcomes.

If the changing of Schedules mean you might not get to NY, then, by all means, go ahead and test the joys of Skype-Conferencing for yourself. I will be around for much of tomorrow on account of the virtual meet-up with Robin and co. HAH … I’ve even Got Chenet Rose chilled in the fridge. Hmm … :imp: Debbie and Simon over here on my birthday, and my Laphroaig whisky went from 1/8 left to a mini-gargle - right, I’m going to the shops today. And garlic bread. Friday - Alchohol Extensions. MMMM :slight_smile:

Well it didn’t matter to me if the date is today or next Friday - I still bought the Squire fretless bass today anyway. And I got Sam Ash to throw in a free entry level electric acoustic since they had that offer on the e-commerce website. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Now I have another guitar to give away to some youth who wants to learn how to play the guitar.

Well, I now have the plans… The shoot was moved here because the crew wants to film part of the video here in the studio. The guy is legit as well. The skype was for a face to face. Everything looks good but it doesn’t look like I am coming up to NYC… :frowning:

Excellent :slight_smile: