Octave slurs; something inconsistent?

Whatever those settings are, they or something very like them should be adopted as the Dorico default. It would lead to greater acceptance of Dorico as well as preserve beautiful engraving as we have known it.

Sure, I’m still tweaking, but here’s what I am currently using. Most of it is just thinning them a tiny bit and adjusting the shoulders. I haven’t really used flat slurs, so ignore those settings.

3 Likes

I don’t see why not! And with the library manager, you could transfer those settings to any ancient file :wink:

1 Like

Here’s a file I’ve recently prepared. It’s a ‘Factory defaults’ file, except for changes to the following Engraving Options:

Beams
Lyrics > Hyphens
Notes > Stems
Slurs

Dorico Slurs and Beams.dorico (1.5 MB)

The slur settings are similar to Fred’s – as are the beam/stems, after discussion with him and others on the Notat.io forum.

I have made some other little adjustments, which I think improve things. Also, changes to the Lyric hyphens that improve spacing.

As always, particular music may need different treatment; but it’s a start. I may post this again in a separate thread.

8 Likes