Odd behavior with key sig. and enharmonic spelling

Here is a graphic that shows a Horn part. I added the key signature by saying 6s for 6 sharps. I understand that Dorico won’t understand a key reference, which I thought was ok.

I add a D into the horn part by pressing the letter D. It respells it as a Ebbb. Technically in the transposed key, this is correct. However, Db would make a lot more sense. Further more, hitting Alt+(arrow up or down) does not move the note.
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 4.16.35 PM.png
In the same measure along the score (or offset by 1 measure), I tried tying two whole notes together. A vertical chord of F and D natural. I was able to input the first F and D nat., but in the next bar (in quard mode), I hit “T” for tie, the pressed F, and it gave me an F nat. I could not have it give me the usual F# per the key sig. I could add the D nat. just fine, and it added the tie. But I had to manually go over the F nat., and make it sharp, then re-add the tie.
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 4.17.31 PM.png
Any thoughts?

Robby

I did attempt to “respell” the Ebbb, and that worked, but it would not take D as a normal input… Also, I got Alt+up arrow after about 4 or 5 taps to move up to a Bbbb or Gbbb, either which seemed like very odd behavior.

Robby

Here is graphic… I typed in A B C D E F G A in 8th notes, and these were the pitches I got…

Robby

This is a bug when inputting in key signatures that have wrapped around enharmonically, which should be much improved in the forthcoming 1.0.10 update.

The problem is better in 1.0.10, I get more accurate pitches. However, it still behaves oddly.

The key is F# major, Horn in F transposes by a 5th to C#, however the key is simplified into Db (which makes total sense). However, when you use the computer keyboard for entry, I type in a D (for a Db), it gives me D# (which would seem natural in C#).

Curious if there is a work around? or do I need to wait for it to be fixed? A delay is not an issue, as I am doing a test piece anyway.

Robby

Here is the most recent example, and it affected to Clarinet part as well…

Created a new project with Flute, Bb Clarinet, and Horn in F.

Typed C D E F G A B C

I got a lot incorrect notes.

Robby

I did a test on the same score setup using my MIDI keyboard, and the pitches are displayed appropriately.

Maybe it has to do with the computer keyboard entry?

Robby
Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 3.25.00 PM.png

Just to let you know that this problem will be fixed in the next update.

Still having trouble with enharmonic spelling with MIDI keyboard. Eb is always D# no matter what. Is there no way to tell it to “favor” flats or sharps? Makes for extra work changing the notes.

Thank you again, Daniel.

We are still working on improving enharmonic spelling in MIDI input, and I expect this is something we will be working on in the New Year.