Odd problem sine 2.1 update

In a piece that I am re-notating I am using hidden staves and noteheads, plus have removed a lot of un-needed rests. When I opened the piece after the update all the hidden stuff is now showing, included the removed rests. The hide empty staves box is still set where I had it and the show bar rests is still unticked. I’m at a loss as how to proceed.

Title should read since 2.1

Richard, did you upgrade from version 1, or from 2.0?

From 2 to 2.1

Was this an XML import?

no, new project

I’ve had similar problems when opening files created in 2.0 or earlier.

Richard, we’ll need to see the project file. Please zip it up and attach it here, and please tell us the places in the project where you’re sure you’ve used Remove Rests and then subsequently had them show up again.

angelNew1.zip (562 KB)
Daniel:
This is a work I completed a long time ago, and it was originally copied by hand in ink on vellum. Trying to transfer it to a digital computer program has been difficult. I had it completely roughed out, and had to use a lot of workarounds. I had most of the rests hidden, altered diamond shaped notes for which I had to hide all the accidentals and use smufl accidentals to get the right size for them which have now scattered all over, had hide all empty staves checked, on pg. 6, first system, where it says ‘improvise in a manner…’ I had all the note heads hidden and ledger lines hidden as well as I could (which I can now do using properties), and after pg. 8 I was still working on converting some things but it was mostly formatted. All of that disappeared after 2.1 download.

Thanks, Richard

Sorry that it’s taken me so long to come back around to this. With the pace at which Dorico is developing at the moment, it’s difficult for us to guarantee that the appearance of a score will be completely preserved when bringing it forwards into a newer version, though it seems like this project is especially different. If you would like to keep running e.g. Dorico 2.0 in order to keep working on this project without having to redo any of the formatting you’ve previously done, you can do that: you can rename the ‘Dorico 2’ folder in your Program Files folder to e.g. ‘Dorico 2.1’, then run the Dorico 2.0 installer again: it’ll end up installed alongside.

Note, though, that there will be some slight annoyances concerning the fact that the two versions share preferences, and e.g. the new option in 2.1 to show a warning when opening a project last saved in an earlier or later version of Dorico will always be turned on again after you have run Dorico 2.0.

Thanks for the reply Daniel. The complication is that `2.1 offers new features like improved note heads and hide ledger lines that would be a great help, and I no longer would have to replace accidentals due to resizing the smaller diamond shaped note heads. In order to produce the best results I may just have to start over.