Odd set of issues in 10.0.15 started in last few days

Hey Gibsonian , I don’t have a solution,sorry but I have something similar to your situation except mine is audio related. The audio glitches which are constant began after I ran software called Speccy which I ran due to a win 10 update (which came a few days after I installed Cubase 10) when a couple of my USB ports stopped working. I’ve been using Speccy for years without issue - very handy software. When I launched Cubase the CPU monitor in Cubase started maxing out instantly and producing audio glitches even if i have no VST or audio track playing. I have not found a solution, I have no explanation for it, all my other software works fine as before, only Cubase went crazy. I run any Daw (except Cubase now) whilst streaming Netflix, running and switching between multiple software progs, and can be downloading and uploading large files, have my phone plugged in updating and have a live Skype call. No way will I be doing a full reset just to get Cubase working properly again.

Quite honestly this is bizarre behavior from a Daw or any software in 2019. A full system reset is totally ridiculous if its the only way to get it up and running. I haven’t had to do that for years

I’m going to use my other Daws for now and if I cant find a solution on my won I will likely contact Steinberg support to see if they can help. My system is fine, its Cubase and I suspect like you its a file(s) that has become corrupted or in my case maybe the USB licensor pinging the USB port on overload frenzy mode - perhaps speccy caused it to freak out. I came back to using Cubase about a year ago and have been using it to get to grips with it again having ditched it at Cubase 5. Great, I love its capabilities, the midi…cool. But obviously not in to these often unsolvable issues some of us experience.

I hope you get yours fixed, I would suggest you contact Steinberg before resetting your system.

EDIT
In my case it turns out it was a windows update on May 16th 2019 that was the culprit. Mincropot are Evil :smiling_imp:
But still I would say Cubase code is rather susceptible to OS changes.
And before people start rushing in there to wipe their system due to well intentioned advice I would suggest wait…Such measures are very drastic.
Quite often the solutions are quite simple.

I see that Gibsonian has resolved some issues, but not all.
How is this is a solution if all my other software is working 100% great. Surely this is about corrupted files being left behind somewhere that are not overwritten with a new install of Cubase?

Or maybe a nasty windows update as it was in my case

oops

Well, may the Angels bless thy loins and pave your house with solid gold baths and taps :smiley:

I was just about to shut down the browser and thought I would have another scan of the posts and saw what you said about uninstalling an update. So yup, an update on the 16th of May 2019 was uninstalled bcz that’s when the audio glitches began and of course the simplest solutions are often the ones that work. Cubase is now working as before, and I can still run browsers and do all that other stuff at the same time. :sunglasses:

I had no idea updates could be uninstalled :laughing:

Thanks man.

note that “last few days” in the topic title refers to February.

Audio stuttering: use USBdeview, clean out all the old whiteys …ATI AMD graphics: disable ati error logging in the registry (Atirec?) …