Official statement on Cubase update policy requested

It is up to each developer to engage or not and of course they don’t have to but I like how Image Line guys/gals participate on forums.
Ask for a feature request or problem and someone from the team replies in no time. They even share some up coming features and discuss with the users about the implementation and I believe this method serves them well.

Most companies have NDAs, and I’m sure Yamaha Corporation has some say in what gets talked about, how and when - mentioning anything can affect their stock. Smaller companies, without the brute force advertising and marketing budgets, are going to rely on other methods perhaps - and also objective wise… FL Studio perhaps isn’t after the commercial post-production facility market… Steinberg is going to take a more engineering researched approach to adding features and making refinements, rather than community engagement or trying to add everything… Steinberg has design objectives and industry integration objectives that require a different kind of thinking and development process.

I do appreciate companies like Image Line and Bitwig, but they’re not Steinberg and Steinberg is not them. They don’t have a $50,000 controller console they are trying to integrate into

Yes, they mostly serve to individual creator market.