So, with all of the various opinions/statements made regarding the new C6 release, I would very much like to know if there is any official info on whether there is, or WILL BE any crossgrade option(s) for Nuendo 5 owners to either migrate to or add a Cubase 6 license. I am not at all trying to start a debate, only to be informed as to what my options are/may be as a longtime Nuendo owner and user.
You know, the line between the two applications is becoming even more blurred with this latest Cubase release. I own separate licenses for both and for the first time I am questioning Nuendo’s real value. Certainly if I were making the decision between the two today I would choose Cubase hands down, no question. To continue intriguing me enough to invest in future Nuendo updates there had best be a clearer divide between capabilities and feature set for the money involved.
Yeah give me an offer Steinberg! I’m ready to switch to Cubase. I would happily switch today! What would it cost me to go from N3 to Cubase5(6)?
The official statement is that there is no official statement
There MUST be some official statement…here’s to hoping! There are a lot of people here and at Gearslutz who want to see a solution to this - if enough of us speak up hopefully Steinberg will find a reasonable solution.
I think before we ask for any Cubase crossgrade options we should wait for an announcement on what happens to Nuendo: the next free N5.5 (?) update should much rather contain all that is in Cubase 6 plus the show/hide features which are announced for the Nuendo 5 product lifecycle.
That’s what I’m talking about
Please stay to one topic. Some information will come at a later point. Please stay tuned