Oh crap! Please help!

Suddenly while recording a audio only project (except for one instance of SSD on kick), 10 tracks of drums and scratch guitars seem to have changed sample rate or something. The notes are as if they d-tuned. I have no idea what the hell I did to make this happen. It all starts at the point of a drum punch in that was done hours before the problem arised. Cant find a way to bring it back…

Sample rates in the pool are all correct. Afraid to lose what I already recorded, I backed up the project to a different HDD . Same results on different drive… Any ideas???

I have never had any kind of WTF moment like this before…

To be clear, 2 UR824’s one running as a ADAT slave. Completely new project started from scratch. No template.

All was perfectly fine until we recorded a bass guitar track. Up until the last song and suddenly the punch in point of some earlier drums we already listened to and found to be perfect, are now fooked. I can’t even find a way to make 10 tracks existing in a project screw up like this! Any ideas other than starting over?

This sucks as I have only two days to record the drums for this record as the dood is only in town for 2 days…

I hope there is something I did to cause this and someone will have insight as to what that was…

What sample rate do you normally run at?
I am certain you have looked here. Project/Project Setup - check the sample rate. Are the audio files the same sample rate? If not change the project sample rate to the audio files. You can also convert the audio files to the sample rate - remember to create a back-up project.

Do you have any bak files that you can revert to?

Especially make sure, your interface runs at the same samplerate as the Cubase project. Since there is an Adat connection, maybe it switched to external (Adat-) clock.

In the Pool, Musical Mode hasn’t been switched on for anything, has it? That can make for unexpected results…

All good in Project Setup.
Clocking all good.

I did copy files from a previous bak file and all seems ok now. But…

The Sample Editor was open and no idea why. Musical mode was not checked there either. Not sure what I clicked on that made this crazy.

So weird…

And everything is in correct sample rate and no Musical Mode checked in pool. It is like a ghost entered my computer…