Oh crap!

I did a reformat and while installing HS my comp Windows update flipping decided to restart the computer half way through the second install disk ( I think as I was in the other room ) So I am not certain whether it finished the install completely before Win 7 decided to restart or not.

So I am wondering where the install folder with the CONTENT is located on Win 7 so I can check the folder size?

Thanx,
J

50 views and no one knows?
I ask because it’s not in the install Halon Sonic folder.
So either it did not complete the install or it gets installed in an unusual place.
It is a long reinstall which I would prefer to avoid…I suppose if know one knows I’ll grin and bare it!

what 's your system ? Win ? Mac ?

With different version and so many updates, the contents of the folder(s) varies.
To be on the safe side, I’d uninstall it and then reinstall it. (And turn off Windows update while your do!)

If possible, install the content to a separate partition…I install all sound content for all my VSTi’s to different partitions. This allows me to back them up, monitor their size, and more importantly, reinstall the VSTi without having to reinstall gigs and gigs of content…a major time saver especially for huge libraries.

Samples : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\HALion\VST Sound
Presets : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound
Plugin Preferences x86 : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic
Plugin Preferences x64 : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic_64
Stand Alone Preferences x86 : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic Standalone
Stand Alone Preferences x64 : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic Standalone_64

Ty guys!!! Yes I should have turned off that bloomin auto update!