Oh, for crying out loud!.....

You probably already know this but I’d looked for some videos and in this one, after covering a lot of obvious stuff, he talks about dragging the clips into loops on a midi track, it’s around the 8.00 mark.

I’m guessing it’s overall not as powerful as some of the others. That said, I use EZ Drummer and the workflow I generally follow is finding that I’m looking for in their UI (in Beat Designer you’d probably just create your own) and then, rather than use the plugin with all its song arrangement features, I just drag over the midi blocks to a track. While I like having the grooves to start with, I inevitably want to tweak them. So, it’s something like EZD or BD to get the groove midi into the tracks, then bring it up in Drum Editor for tweaks and refinements.

Doubt BD will be a total solution for you, but I think for the way you like to work it’ll be faster for you to get the majority of it up and running before switching to the Drum Editor.

It’s nice when you have all those toys to play with at work, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

The drum editor in Cubase is an excellent tool which I’ve used for many years and I don’t want to see it changed. It’s powerful and intuitive, I can edit in nuance like no other editor I’ve tried, I don’t see how it could be improved. I certainly wouldn’t want to be working with Fisher Price graphics.

If it ain’t broke, PLEASE Steinberg - don’t fix it.

I agree the Drum Editor has excellent tools but to NEVER change or update it?!
How do you feel a bout Windows XP or Leopard or Cubase 4 or the many other really good tools that eventually got updated because incremental improvements and workflow enhancements turned out to be a good thing?

When change itself can give no more - 'tis easy to be true (Sir Charles Sedley) :sunglasses:

The drum editor is a different tool than the beat designer. While enhancements within the context of what it is will always be welcome, what I’m hearing from everyone is, “don’t try to turn drum editor into beat designer.”

Seems to me that for the things you’d like to see, it’s beat designer that could use the updates rather than drum editor.