Ok, this one I definitely don't understand

Hi,

I’ve just opened a project in D4 (4.0.31) That was created in 3.5 (can’t remember which one specifically) and it’s only playing some of the notes when I hit play and when I click… (see video)

I’ve tried unloading and reloading the playback template, restarting the audio engine, etc…

Thoughts?

Cheers in advance,

P

Ok, I thought it was random, but clicking on the notes results in every other click sounding…

P

And just to add more info, this is happening on new projects as well…

P

I assume so, but always have to ask: have you actually restarted the computer itself?

Also, are you trying to use more than one VST, or is it all the same collection? In other words, is it possible that only one of your multiple VSTs is failing?

(And, as always, you will be prompted to share a cut down file that demonstrates the problem.)

Thanks for the reply.

It’s just using the default HSSO + Pro Template and yes, I’ve restarted the computer…

Very strange. Again, adding to the info, when I use MIDI input to enter notes the notes go in as played but the ones that sound, hang on indefinitely, like they’re not receiving a MIDI note off…

Curiouser and curiouser… I haven’t got time right now, but tomorrow if I get a chance, I’ll post a cut down version, see if anyone else gets the issue…

P

@Toaster1974 , it would also be good, if you do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file. Thanks

Ok,

I went back to the machine today to create the diagnostics and it worked fine…

If it happens again, I’ll create the files and post them…

Thanks for all the suggestions.

P

1 Like