Okay I am an idiot. (no way to transfer the license to soft?)

Hi,
yesterday I bought Dorico which is super exciting as I was sick of Sibelius.
However, I kinda accidently transferred the license to the dongle and became aware there is no way to get it back.

Just wondering when I lost my dongle, I will ask them for the new activation code.
does that mean I will be able to download the license on my computer? or I will contain it in my USB license again? Hmm… Thanks!

Hi,
yesterday I bought Dorico which is super exciting as I was sick of Sibelius.
However, I kinda accidently transferred the license to the dongle and became aware there is no way to get it back.

Just wondering when I lost my dongle, I will ask them for the new activation code.
does that mean I will be able to download the license on my computer? or I will contain it in my USB license again? Hmm… Thanks!

Hello lightworkin,
Yes, once the license is sent to the dongle there is no way to bring it back to the soft eLicenser.
In case of lost, or damaged dongle there a some procedures for license recovery.
For more information, check this article:

It explains what one has to do if something happens to the dongle.

I hope my comment is enough helpful for you! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Thanks for your reply.
However, what I want to know is what license I will be given when requesting the replacement.
Is it another USB dongle. that contains license? or is it an activation code that I can download into either USB or Soft-elicenser?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.
However, what I want to know is what license I will be given when requesting the replacement.
Is it another USB dongle. that contains license? or is it an activation code that I can download into either USB or Soft-elicenser?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks!

Lightworkin hello,
Well, yes, now your question is much more clear. :slight_smile:
You’ll most probably get just new license key for the soft eLicenser.
In case of lost, or damaged USB dongle, you will have to buy a new one.
Steinberg won’t send you a dongle for free.
I hope I was able to make the things more clear for you! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz