Old Cubase 4 and 5 boxes

Hi everyone

I have always upgraded Cubase as the new versions have come along and wonder what everyone does with their old Cubase boxes with CD/DVD and manuals?

They are obsolete to me, but can I sell them? or is that a license breach or something if I leave the license key on the peice of card in the box? or is that key now linked to my eLicenser for my current Cubase 6?

Or can I sell them with out the license key? or is that really worthless to a prospective buyer?

thanks
Ryan

The license has been used during your registration. It cannot be used again so yes they are worthless to any prospective purchaser.

Unless someone lost their paper manual :wink:
But I’d keep those regardless, because it looks like Steinberg will not be making any more paper manuals these days.

I was actually wondering about that same thing -

WTF do I do with all these HUUUGE boxes and documentation that I’ve had since SX1.06? cuz man they are taking up some real estate. I LOOOOVE how the software boxes are getting smaller and smaller. Has anyone noticed that the Pro Tools 10 boxes are literally the size of the CD and not a hell of alot wider. I think THAT should be Steinberg’s goal. :slight_smile:

But yeah, ta hell with all these enormous boxes, i’m going to grab the liscensing cards and stuff them in the respective manuals, along with the installation CDs/DVDs, and toss the rest! :wink:

I’ve only got 2, but I think they look great on my bookshelf. They work great as accoustic treatment, the room sounds a lot nicer now :mrgreen: