"old" feature needed

It was in WL-6 but then unfortunately disapeared…
While loading or saving a file I desperately need (in select files window) “level up” and “previous folder” arrows. Now I had to click and click :frowning:

cheers

trito

Not sure what you mean. You have plenty of possibilities in the Windows 7/8 file browsers.

For instance: in Montage - Insert audio files window, I dont’ have “one level up” arrow, only “back to previous folder” arrow. This was present in 6.5 …

cheers

trito

Yes you have, see:
2013-05-25_07-41-18.png

PG, in file browser - yes but when in quick open menu, there’s no such thing as parent directory or a level up arrow…

Maybe you know this already, but in Windows 7 you can click on any part of the file path in view to go to that particular place. Example: “> Highest > One Below > Even Lower > Detail > Wavelab > Waves > My Own > Project A” In this path you can click on ‘Detail’ and you are directly in that directory.

Arjan is right. And the button to go back to the previous folder can be found at the top left corner in your picture.

Thanks for Your suggestions but can I have such simple thing like it is on attached file from WL-6? Just 2 arrows: back and up with no additional clicking…

cheers

trito

WaveLab 6 uses some feature of Windows that are deprecated.
The new Windows 7 box is better but it’s an habit to change for you. Again, you have the same feature (and more), but with a slightly different UI.

Actually, it was more clicking in the old way; 4 levels up meant 4 clicks, now it’s 1 click. Just try getting used to it, it’s really much better.

yeah, yeah - changing habits - my favourite work :confused:

anyway, thanks

cheers

trito