Old [FR] 'Lock Locators'

Anything new about this in 8.5?

The timline and locator positioning behavior has slighly changed in 8.5.

Previously, an accidental click unset the users locators.

Now a single accidental click in the upper part of the timeline does not reposition the locators anymore.
In the future you should not experience this accidental change of locators anymore.

I hope this eliminates or at least lowers the need for this [FR] ‘Lock Locators’.

Greetings,
JHP

Or alternatively, the ability to undo locator position changes would be nice!

This is brilliant news! I have bought and installed 8.5 but not put it through it’s paces yet. :slight_smile:

Great, thanks!

One thing regarding changed functionality though:
I checked the manual for 8.5 (haven’t activated it yet so I can’t try it yet), and I noticed that the function to now seems to be gone. You can move it but not draw it. That’s also why accidental reposition of locators does not occur anymore.

Instead of removing that functionality completely, it could be reintroduced if using together with a modifier key. I think is still freely available.

So by using you would still be able to draw a locator range (which would move the locators), and at the same time you would still not have the accidental moving of locators when not using .

You can still “draw” in a locator range in 8.5. When you click and drag on the upper part of the timeline you draw in a locator range.

Gr,
JHP

Ok, great. Thanks again.

A single click no longer re positions the locators, but if you click and drag, it does.

That was a feature to me :wink:

Used it to release a loop (instead of pressing J or /) which I can do now by clicking in the upper part of the ruler. I’m fine with this too!