OMG.Bring that sexy keyboard to Dorico for Mac Plz…

I can’t promise it for the next version, but once you can create tuplets in the piano roll, the symmetrical action would be deleting them. Again, with the new Playmode/Key Editor it is doable, but depends on time/priorities.

1 Like

With real-time recording there is also the option to use Edit > Requantize, and you can turn off “Detect tuplets” when you do this.

I have actually wondered whether we are seeing
a lot of the new design and feature element of Dorico 4? Was the iPad version meant to be concurrent with the release of Dorico 4?

iPad version was meant to come first. Daniel said this would happen quite a while ago.

His blog post also explains that there are deliberately some of the new features here, and he has said that some of these things are previews of what is to come in D4, although there will be other major new features.

1 Like

Hello @Richard_Lanyon,
Disabling the “Detect tuplets” function will prevent the desired tuplets of being created. So, your idea won’t work. I don’t want to disable all tuplets, but to be able to fix only the unwanted ones.
For this purpose we need the Piano Roll to be enough powerful. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

Requantize only applies to selected notes, so you can apply it to a specific region where the initial quantisation isn’t what you want.

1 Like

It s also possible to have a accordion roll ?

Yes, I too find it difficult to recall the shortcuts. A popover sidebar would be handy

True statement but there are SO many situations and people (students in particular) where there is not a MIDI keyboard available.

I was speaking of a regular qwerty keyboard with arrow keys. Not a midi keyboard. Alt+arrow keys does everything that little popup does. (And alt-/+ for accidentals)

1 Like

@dspreadbury Will the piano roll be undockable (free floating independent window)? If so that would be great for multi monitor systems. I’m looking at getting this laptop, if the Piano roll is undocked it would go in the lower screen (which is touch!) for a brilliant solution, I’d have little need to deal with a MIDI keyboard.

4 Likes

Wow! :astonished::sunglasses::+1:

I could think of all sorts of ways that would be useful…
1 panorama view
2 layout & engraving options dialogues open
3 window with engrave mode open to make slight positioning tweaks as you write on the main screen
4 play mode
5 mixer

Etc. I contemplated that laptop at one point too; they are odd but boy would that screen come in handy for a lot of stuff!

No, that’s not currently planned, but there’s nothing to stop you from having a separate project window set in Play mode.

So the piano roll will be a lower zone in Play mode? That should work equally well. But on the iPad it’s modeless, or perhaps you’re saying it will be modeless here too, interesting.

It’s the ASUS 15.6" ZenBook Pro Duo 15 for reference. I may have finally found a mobile solution that does everything I need for music/art/programming. Touchscreen + pen, 3070 (must have for 3D), 32GB RAM, 8 core, 1TB NVMe.

I’ve been working with three monitors for so long I can’t do anything with one. Two is absolute minimum, I’m so happy somebody finally came out with a multi screen laptop. I decided on this rather than upgrade my iPad, I’ll keep that just for sketching out initial music with Dorico.

I’m the same way. I had three monitors at my last job and currently run two, which I find rather limiting. I was so sick of what my work offered I brought my own monitors to work. The ladies in the front office have tiny SQUARE lcd panels (that tells you how old they are!). I don’t know how they do it. I cringe every time I have to help them with something.

1 Like

Of course you are referring to the screens, not the ladies. :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol. Quite right! One of the ladies is only 31.

I loved those, I believe they’re actually 5:4 rather than square. Once people starting using computers for media (e.g. watching videos) monitors went landscape, but the roughly square format is better for doing real work. Triple is good for visual balance, and any thing I do requires multiple windows open simultaneously (e.g. Web page documentation - Unreal IDE - Rider IDE on three monitors).

I used to use those until a few years ago until I switched over to these

Triple Eizo 2730’s is a sight to behold, I’m typing on it right now :slight_smile:

1 Like