On controllers mapping again (Novation Launch Control XL)

Hi everybody,
I’m searching in the forum and in program/devices manuals but I’m still a bit confused about mapping my controllers to a specific device and recall the preset through different songs…
I’ve both a Novation LaunchKey 61 mk2 and a Novation Launch Control XL and I know they are not “Cubase specific” but at the moment I wouldn’t change them; my question is about he second.

Using Novation Components App I should be able to assign different controllers to VST plugins commands and create up to eight user presets than I can recall when I need them BUT:
after I’ve set LCXL pots and faders to some function with the learn option and created a user preset I can only find it in the specific vst instrument, let’s say Retrologue, in that specific project…
If I try to use it in another song nobody happens… What am I missing?

I can easily use vst quick controls but I would like to map more functions in Retrologue as I’m trying to learn it and I use it often so I wish I could manage it more trough the controller…

One possible solution is to create a prest track with the VST instrument itself but I guess there must be a simpler solution …

Thank you for helping me,

Arturo