On startup,

Hello, I’m working on a project with instrument tracks, and every time I boot it up or change anything to it, an excruciating sound of popping and white noise emits from that track for a short while, only about ten to maybe thirty seconds. I’m working in Cubase LE AI Elements 7 and I’m using Dexed as the instrument. I’m using ASIO4ALL as my asio driver and not using an interface as I’m just mastering outside the home, where I have my interface (Focusrite 2i2).

Also, when I tried deleting that single track (I have four instruments on this song), the sound moves on to the next instrument (Halion and other downloaded vst’s, all of them have effects on them). Any insight on how to get rid of it? My computer also has a history of really bad popping when using certain vst’s and other things that seem to be memory intensive.

If anyone has some insight it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome,

Most of the time, this kind of white noise comes, when you use any Trial (Demo) license. Make sure, your plug-ins are activated.

Yep, that fixed it. Got out the few trial ones and everything seems good. Thank you!